Registering second device to tomtom home. — TomTom Community

Registering second device to tomtom home.

I bought a secondhand 'go710' after my old one froze.. the newer one was working fine until yesterday when it also froze mid journey (nightmare.!)
Meanwhile.. I did manage to update the software on my older 710 which until yesterday was also working.
So both 710's decided not to find a signal at same time.? I have since got the newer 710 working again, the older one however is still not finding a signal...
Is it possible that only one of the machines can be used at any one time..? because I have tried updating the software and even tried to create a second account (which I was unable to do.. would not recognise password.?)
So I am at a loss as to why either suddenly packed in.?
Any thoughts.?
Tagged:

Answers

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,769
    Superuser
    @sound_digit_880

For each device (GO 710) that uses TomTom Home you have to register with a different email address
  • sound_digit_880sound_digit_880 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Niall hi, thanks for the response..
    I did try opening a new account through tomtom home but it would not accept or recognise any (new) passwords.. despite using a different email address.?
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,886 Moderator
    Hi @sound_digit_880

Are you able to log in to the TomTom account on our website using the new email address?

Regards
    Vikram
  • sound_digit_880sound_digit_880 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    No... have tried numerous times and been unable to create a second account.. each time I fill in the form it is rejected and displays the existing log in details.?