VIA 53 I want to update NewZealand 1025.9418 map — TomTom Community

VIA 53 I want to update NewZealand 1025.9418 map

HaggisForBrainsHaggisForBrains Posts: 14 [Legendary Explorer]
When I try to update this 1 year old map (showing as 1025.9418) for my next visit to NZ, it tells me my VIA 53 is "up to date". Surely there is an update after a year. I'm using the WiFi function, and "Updates & New Items"

Using my computer, I see that the current NZ map is 10.4. Does this mean that my current map is 10.259418? If so, how can I buy and download the update?
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 4,215 Superuser
    Hi @HaggisForBrains

If you purchased the New Zealand map for your device what option did you select. Currently if you purchase that map you can have Updates for 3, 12 or 18months. It depends on when you purchased it and which of the 3 possible options you paid for whether you are entitled to still receive any updates.

If you feel that you should still be getting updates then contact Customer Support and sort it out with them.

Doug
  • HaggisForBrainsHaggisForBrains Posts: 14 [Legendary Explorer]
    Hi Doug,

I can see now that I haven't explained this properly. A year ago, when I bought the NZ map, I didn't expect to return to NZ, so only bought the map, no updates. Now I'm going back, I'd like to buy the current map, or an update for the year old map. It seems that there is an update available, but I just can't see how to download it into my VIA.

Cheers,

Colin.
  • HaggisForBrainsHaggisForBrains Posts: 14 [Legendary Explorer]
    Hi Doug,

Yes, that's the map I want. Before WiFi, I would download that to my computer, then add it to my TomTom. I get confused now how to download/update. I followed your link and bought the map. Then I switched on my VIA, getting ready to connect it to my computer, and hey, presto, the download immediately showed on my VIA. All I had to do was tap the download button and it started. I guess I was overthinking it, not realising that all I needed to do was buy it through my computer, and it would automatically arrive at my VIA.

Sorry for being thick, and thanks once again for your help.

I'm typing this as the download progresses, and have just received an email from TomTom as follows:

"Download instructions

"Follow these easy steps to download your new Map(s) or Service(s):
    Simply connect your device to the computer and switch it on.

"If you do not have TomTom HOME or MyDrive Connect installed click here
    TomTom HOME or MyDrive Connect will download and install the Map(s) or Service(s)
    to your device."

In fact in didn't need to do any of that, as the download just appeared on my VIA!. The download now appears to have been successful.

I would have replied sooner to you, but al though I've opted for an email when there is a reply here, I'm not getting the email.

Cheers,

Colin.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 4,215 Superuser
    Hi @HaggisForBrains

Glad you are sorted.

Doug