Can't sync watch to iphone app — TomTom Community

Can't sync watch to iphone app

Laura1182Laura1182 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
My watch was working fine, then would no longer sync - my app didn't recognise the watch, and the watch still thought it was paired with the phone, I couldn't un pair it as the phone didn't think it was paired.

Did a factory reset on the watch and now my watch won't pair with the app. When I go to pair new device on my watch, the pin flashes up for a second then reverts back to the settings screen. Really frustrating as now I can't sync my runs without connecting to the computer. It worked fine two days ago. Any suggestions please?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,333
    Superusers
    You need to remove the watch from the phone's BT menu before re-pairing. The steps are: uninstall the app, remove or forget the watch from the phone's BT menu, factory reset the watch, reinstall the app, select Pair New on the app, select Pair New on watch (press down from the clock and select Phone>Pair New, not Sync) and follow the prompts on the phone. You should not be pairing the watch first through the phone's BT menu; it is all done through the app and you must have the phone forget the watch in the BT menu before re-pairing.

I hope this helps answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Laura1182Laura1182 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you that fixed it ??
  • AvitaAvita Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    edited January 7
    Thank you. I was able to resolve the same issue by just uninstalling and reinstalling the app on iPhone. This way I did not have to lose all my data in the watch.