Tomtom won't start up after update - Page 2 — TomTom Community

Tomtom won't start up after update

2»

Comments

• AusworkshopAusworkshop Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    They are hopeless. I agree. So frustrating , I just gave up on mine, was driving through bushfire areas getting lost because I can no longer use a device I paid for and upgraded so I could update easier through wifi. Next time I drive past a fire I think I'll throw this brick out the window. Useless waste of time and money, the mistake of buying a Tom Tom could cost your life down here right now.
  • dislabdislab Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have a TomTom 540TM XXL, which runs fine in the past many years. A few days ago I thought I would give it a last update to see if some address errors would get fixed. The TomTom Home said my device memory is too small to get a map update, but it did update some share fixes. But now the GPS touch screen is dead: it always stuck on "Legal Notice" and I can't click "I agree". How can I fix this?
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,313
    Superusers
    Try a drum reset on the unit by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds.
  • dislabdislab Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I was able to fix my tomtom by following instructions at https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1115289/touch-screen-not-working-after-update. Basically after my gps was able to connect the desktop, I restored the software from an earlier date using tomtom home.