Route planning dates — TomTom Community

Route planning dates

Mikek1300Mikek1300 Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
IS anyone aware of a way to plan a route to include the date of departure vis MyDrive?
I'm trying to plan a route across the Pyrenees in June, but right now, many of the routes are closed due to weather/snow so it won't let me.
If I can include the route departure dates, it should allow me through but can't see if a departure date can be included when planning the routes.

Answers

• LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 10,922 Superuser
    edited January 2
    Do you mean on the website?
    https://mydrive.tomtom.com/en_gb/
    4mja96pye9jn.jpg
    In the MyDrive App it is not possible.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 4,202 Superuser
    edited January 2
    Hi @Mikek1300

If you ope the My Drive website and log in you can then create a route including Stops if necessary.

If you scroll to the bottom of the place where you enter the Start, waypoints and destination details for the route you should see the word Leave. If you click on that it should offer you the ability to enter date and time details and get a route based on that data.

The problem is that if you save the the route and sync it to your Device it is a .GPX file and so the route is absolutely fixed and will take no notice of traffic data or reroute you back onto the route if you make a mistake. If you make an error it will direct you back to the exact error point and if the road is blocked will insist that you still go along the road.

Doug
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,694 Superuser
    @Mikek1300

Click on "Leave now" and a calendar drops down to change the date of departure :)
  • Mikek1300Mikek1300 Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks for the replies guys, however.....
    I wasn't initially even being offered the "Leave Now" button, as this seems to disappear as soon as you alter the options from "Fastest" to "Thrill".

For the life of me, I can't see why that should matter when planning a route, maybe an oversight by Tomtom?

If you want an example of the problem I'm experiencing, try to plan a route between Gourette Sud, Eaux-Bonnes (Gourette), 64440 Nouvelle-Aquitaine, FRA and Arrens-Marsous Occitania, FRA.
    This is one of the stretches which is causing me so much trouble.

If you plan it as fastest route, with a "Leave Now" date of June 11th 2020, then toggle across from fastest route, to Thrill, and you will see what I mean.

Will I have to ignore the Thrill option altogether and just micro plan the whole route to get around this obvious programme "Glitch"?
  • Mikek1300Mikek1300 Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @Mikek1300

If you ope the My Drive website and log in you can then create a route including Stops if necessary.

If you scroll to the bottom of the place where you enter the Start, waypoints and destination details for the route you should see the word Leave. If you click on that it should offer you the ability to enter date and time details and get a route based on that data.

The problem is that if you save the the route and sync it to your Device it is a .GPX file and so the route is absolutely fixed and will take no notice of traffic data or reroute you back onto the route if you make a mistake. If you make an error it will direct you back to the exact error point and if the road is blocked will insist that you still go along the road.

Doug

High Doug.

Yes, you are correct, I am well aware of the terrible constraints and consequences to be suffered if you accidentally or otherwise, stray even slightly off track on a pre-planned "Route".

The only and extremely clumsy and time consuming way to get around this, is either to have lots of stopping point pins along your chosen route and then to get back on track, you have to completely abandon the route that you're on, and then re-launch the route again and select "ride to nearest point on route, As opposed to selecting "Start Point" for the route as that guides you all the way back to the route start point again.

(Don't even get me started on the almost symmetrical shape of the compass arrow either, It's all but impossible to determine which way it's pointing at speed or on a bumpy road as its sides are so uniform as to make it almost impossible to determine which way it's pointing)! lol