Watch is recording activity, but not distance. — TomTom Community

Watch is recording activity, but not distance.

RiffRiff Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2020 in Runner & Multi-Sport
My watch has been playing up for the last few days. When I go for a walk, and download my activity afterwards, the watch is recording the distance covered as 0, but the GPS is recording where I've been. I want to record what distance I've covered. This is one example of what is happening: https://mysports.tomtom.com/service/webapi/v2/activity/perm_u200Iy3BJgPJCDYEMn5aW5uKTsrZyUleDoj8MLGMH4qZg8Hp0WXMjLuMbrlUS1t98IvD9ZS9Ef9U71674w6_ig?format=html

I am using a TomTom Sports GPS Runner version 3.39 with software version 1.8.52. I've done a factory reset, but it's made no difference whatsoever.

Answers

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,851
    Superusers
    It is probably dying if a factory reset does not work, but you can try these steps and see if it helps:

1) Plug the watch into the computer and in Sports Connect, click the Gear Icon
    2) Press CTRL (Windows) or CMD (MAC) on your keyboard while you hover your mouse over the reset button.
    3) You'll see the reset button turns into a "Turn Off" button.
    4) Click it, disconnect the watch and the screen will go dead.
    5) Reconnect the watch and it will wake up and it may now update as usual.

If that does not help you are out of luck, that model was discontinued years ago and TT Sports went out of business over 2 years ago, It is time to move on to an active brand that is still actively supporting their products. The TT devices are obsolete and in legacy mode.
  • RiffRiff Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I tried that also, but it made no difference. Thanks for your reply, though.