How can I use my free upgrade of 3 years traffic? — TomTom Community

How can I use my free upgrade of 3 years traffic?

nigelbbbnigelbbb Posts: 13 [Apprentice Traveler]
I bought the TomTom iPhone app many years ago but this got replaced with TomTom GO Mobile with the incentive to replace the old app we were offered 3 years free traffic. My last traffic subscription is about to expire but I now cannot use the 3 years traffic subscription as I cannot download TomTom GO Mobile as it appears that this in turn has been replaced by a new TomTom app for iPhone.

What do I need to do to use my 3 years free traffic subscription?

Best Answer

Answers

• nigelbbbnigelbbb Posts: 13 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I've clicked on the Free upgrade button in the old app then get prompted to login to my TomTom account. I then get prompted to enter my thumbprint (Touch ID to Get) then it says "Processing Payment" but then I get the message box that says:-

You cannot get In-App Purchases for this app
    You can only get In-App Purchases for apps associated with your Apple ID

• nigelbbbnigelbbb Posts: 13 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Can anybody help me?

I bought monthly traffic update subscriptions for TomTom Navigator Western Europe until August 2017 & stacked up enough months in advance so it only just expired. Back in 2017 the TomTom Go Mobile replacement was no substitute for the original app so I didn't upgrade then as I didn't want to use up my 3 years free subscription on an inferior app. I was happy with the old app & had paid £1.99/month for the traffic subscription so had no reason to upgrade. Now that I want to take advantage of the 3 year free subscription it doesn't work.