Battery charging Icon — TomTom Community

Battery charging Icon

As the GO 620 has no battery charging Icon (VIA did have) how many people have been caught out when the charging Cable has been accidentally dialoged without you knowing only to have the Unit suddenly go black because the battery has gone flat!
Having the battery Charging Icon displayed on the screen would at least let you know you are connected. would be a nice option yo have... yes?

Best Answer

Answers

• UAPUAP Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks for your reply Yam.
    I am aware of the charging Icon when you tap the Menu icon, would just be nice to have the option to display on the main screen if you want. Its only when the cable disconnects without you knowing is when the problem of battery going flat occurs. Like the USB Doctor gadgets. Haven't seen these, great idea :)
  • bigbig Posts: 1,623 Superuser
    UAP wrote: »
    ...Its only when the cable disconnects without you knowing is when the problem of battery going flat occurs.
    If you set the device to "Sleep automatically when disconnected from power" (under System -> Battery settings) then, if the power somehow disconnects a warning pops up on the screen stating:
    "Power supply disconnected.
    Your device will go to sleep in 15 [14...13...12...] seconds."
    It's hard for that to happen without you knowing it!
  • UAPUAP Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks again but It is set to Sleep automatically. its still caught me out a couple of times thou.
    I have taped the lead to the GPS plug on back of Unit so problem solved.