Map update "freezes" computer — TomTom Community

Map update "freezes" computer

KMCKKMCK Posts: 7 [Master Traveler]
edited December 2019 in Built in car navigation
I have Mazda NB1 and, having failed to be able to update it on my MAC, borrowed a Windows 10 laptop to use that to update. Tom Tom Home latest version installed, connected to the SD Card from the car but, having selected to update maps, the warning not to remove card and ensure laptop is connected appears, but clicking "OK" does nothing - the same screen stayed for 5 hours but nothing seems to have happened. Uninstalled and reinstalled TT Home, but still the same problem - screen shot attached.
i7jnok5539eo.png

cy5jd4ip92hw.png

Clicking "abort" and any of the other TT menu items also do nothing.

Comments

• rider1riderrider1rider Posts: 934 [Revered Pioneer]
    Problem with the memory card may be, but call the customer care to check.
  • DerronDerron Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I called TomTom technical support on Friday about the same exact problem. She told me that they are aware of the problem and their technicians are trying to fix it. So, you are not alone! We'll just have to be patient while they come up with a solution.
  • Megane_GTLineMegane_GTLine Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited December 2019
    Have had the same issue on the 64-bit Home 2.20.4.1267 version. Seems to be something with the 64-bit version, and seems not to be an issue on the SD-Card.

Killed TT Home application by the Windows Taskmanager. Removed files from SD-Card manually, then the update went fine.
  • KMCKKMCK Posts: 7 [Master Traveler]
    Thanks Derron and Megane, - will try removing the files manually when I next get access to a Windows machine - struggling on with the ongoing issues with a Mac machine for now!
    KMCK, good luck with that. As for me, I'm going to sit tight and wait for a solution from TomTom and avoid the grief and frustration!
    Let us know the results of your struggle 😁.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,208 Moderator
    Hello everyone,

The issue here seems to be related to what I explained in my comment here-

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1687181/#Comment_1687181

Thanks,
    Vikram
    KMCK, I received a status update from TomTom support yesterday.

She said, ....."it will take around 2 to 3 weeks to resolve the issue regarding Mazda map update."
  • KMCKKMCK Posts: 7 [Master Traveler]
    Finally got the Mac version of Home to install and update the Mazda map! Amazing! after over 3 months of strife with both the Mac version and when using a borrowed Win10 machine! Thanks for the input to all
  • tim123oxfordtim123oxford Posts: 24 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Hi I had a notification to update the Europe map on my GO Premium X but when I tried just got the message Oops something happened repeatedly. I have done a soft & hard reset & still no luck so I deleted the map & tried to download the update but still no luck. I managed to down the UK & Ireland map but can't download the full Europe map. There is plenty of space on both the internal memory & the memory card. any help would be appreciated.