Anyone had an issue with Mydrive connect- did upgrade today device no shows no maps! — TomTom Community

Anyone had an issue with Mydrive connect- did upgrade today device no shows no maps!

has anyone upgrade the app to then have no maps shown on device? I am just about ready to get rid of this as ever upgrade presents issues! Long term user and starting to loose faith with this company and I need to resolve this ready to return to work!
Device no shows no maps available which is garbage

Answers

• AlimacAlimac Posts: 16 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Hey Doug thanks for the info I'll give it a go and let you know, appreciate the help

Al
    Well got the USA map back by doing a repair but the UK and Europe has one astray for some reason- will take a look tomorrow- happy new year
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 4,223 Superuser
    edited December 2019
    Hi @Alimac

The system restores one map when doing that No Map Found repair. Now once you have the device able to start normally as it has a map on it then you can look to reinstall any other maps you have for the device on your account.

You say UK and Europe map is that 2 maps or one whole map and if so how big is it.. Where is the USA map loaded ie is it on the internal memory or on an extra memory card. If it is on the extra memory card if it is a whole Europe map you wish to add then it will not fit on the internal memory and so how much space is free on the extra memory card.

If there I not enough free space there then we need to ask @VikramK to add a small;; map to your account which you load on the device and will go on the internal memory. Then you could replace the extra memory card if it is not big enough for the USA and Europe as the GO500 will start properly with the small map on it.

Doug
    Hi Doug
    Thanks for the update that only one map is repaired, I could not even see the other map which was from memory UK with parts of Europe.
    The map I had was one- which allowed you to miss out say Russia (or similar), has this been changed?
    The Device has 6440 MB spare and the SD card (which is where the USA map ended up, not be me and never got an answer as to how it ended up there!, possible another upgrade....) has 7758 MB spare.
    I can't seem to see how to shift from device to card, more upgrades I guess. I also want to try and get my places which I can still see on the map which is not installed
    Appreciate the help as not finding answers to questions on the TOMTOM site

Cheers & HNY

Al
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 4,223 Superuser
    Hi @Alimac

The USA card has switched to the Extra memory card as it is too big to fit on the internal memory. My guess is the extra memory card is a 16gb card and with the USA map on it has 7758mb free space left.

If you have had a European map on the device originally then if you open the My Drive Connect software and click on the device then My Content then My Maps the USA and Europe maps should be listed there. If not then please advice and we can get someone to check at the TT end. You now have a choice.

I suspect the European map is now too big to fit on the Internal or the Extra memory card as it is bigger than the available space on either, maps are not split across the 2 memories but on one or the other. Firstly if you can see the Europe map listed in MDC then click on the map image and it should open a list of versions of the Europe map that you could download. These are smaller versions both in size and Areas of Europe covered. If there is one there that is smaller than either of the free spaces you have and the area covered meets your needs then try downloading that

Alternatively we can ask @VikramK to add a small map to your account which you can download and will fit on the internal memory of the device. Hopefully he will do that tomorrow. If that happens then download it to your device as there is a benefit to having it there, see below. With that loaded you can continue with a smaller Europe map if there is one that fits and you have added in the meantime or you remove the 16gb card and replace it with a 32gb card, the maximum size a TT unit will take, then reload the USA and the Europe map as they will both fit there. Because you have a map in the internal memory you should be able to remove the existing memory card with no problems.

The benefit of having the small map is if there is a problem during an update and you lose either the USA or Europe maps you still have a map on the device so you can restart it and reload the lost maps.

Doug
    Hi Doug

Really appreciate your help on this one. Not sure why ever time i try to update things it gets all screwed up. @VikramK has kindly added the UK map to my account and I've downloaded that today. I'll check size of card etc another time
    On another note the GO5100 being a few years old now, thinking of a possible upgrade any thoughts recommendations? I still like lifetime maps, speed and worldwide maps
    Only thing I would really like is traffic in the USA but I understand that no built in sims in the USA models

Catch you soon and thanks again

Al