New TomTom GO Navigation App (Android) - Page 3 — TomTom Community

New TomTom GO Navigation App (Android)

Comments

• tgoldtgold Posts: 2,164 [Revered Voyager]
    edited December 2019
    RonaldM01 wrote: »
    Paveh wrote: »
    Hello!

When you publish the final version to everyone?

Regards, from Norway

In the Google play store, support reps stated everyone should have the new update before the end of this year.
    The version in the Play Store today is v1.7 of 25 November 2019: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tomtom.gplay.navapp.nds

• schneidernetschneidernet Posts: 246 [Exalted Navigator]
    USA remains 1.18.1 but if I install from there I get 2.0.1
  • eddydceddydc Posts: 71 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Can you clarify a bit more please. Can one enter house numbers for a destination address or anymore?
  • GuildNavigatorGuildNavigator Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    edited December 2019
    So let me get this straight: The new version (which hasn't made its way to Danish Playstore yet by the way) does not have Android Auto compatibility? In stead you used your developer resources on a differently looking UI, and the groundbreaking news here is the ability to download maps for one country at a time? But the old version had this already more or less for users here in Europe - I mean if I download only Denmark in stead of whole Scandinavia, I save what - 10 MB? 20? Should I start laughing now or later?

Besides, since I got my new Android Auto enabled car, I haven't been really using TomTom on my phone because what's the point if it doesn't show on the car's display? It's a pity because TomTom navigation is much better then what Google has to offer.
  • AsprinAsprin Posts: 271 [Supreme Pioneer]
    edited December 2019
    @GuildNavigator,

Try looking at Germany, Spain and France.

as examples:
    Germany has 5 areas to pick
    Spain has 3 areas to pick from
    France has 5 areas to pick

So if you do not need the complete country you do not have to download all of it.

Plus you get small updates to these maps with out having to download the compete map over again.

As for Android Auto there is nothing TomTom or any other GPS app can do unless Google opens up their app to let 3rd party GPS apps in.
    I can see the the memory savings if one just wants a small area. However, I want the entire United States plus Puerto Rico. That is near sixty items to select.

Most builders include a some sort of "select all" feature. 2.0.1 doesn't.

Also side-loaded 2.0.2. see no fixes let alone improvements.

Sticking with 1.18.1. Just wish i could find an EASY way to protect it from being overwritten. Auto Update keeps trying and every time I load it it wants to update. Fiddled with re-signing the APK but got lost in process.
  • GuildNavigatorGuildNavigator Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    edited December 2019
    Asprin wrote: »
    @GuildNavigator,

Try looking at Germany, Spain and France.

as examples:
    Germany has 5 areas to pick
    Spain has 3 areas to pick from
    France has 5 areas to pick

So if you do not need the complete country you do not have to download all of it.

Plus you get small updates to these maps with out having to download the compete map over again.

As for Android Auto there is nothing TomTom or any other GPS app can do unless Google opens up their app to let 3rd party GPS apps in.

OK, whole 5 areas to pick in Germany.
    And.. wait... 3 in Spain?? Somebody stop the press.

And as for Android Auto, if Apple allows a certain navigation provider to use their standard (you should know that the iOS version of TomTom has existed for almost a year now) , Google will lose customers because they will buy an iPhone next time their old Galaxy needs replacing. People at Google are not stupid, and the whole "until Google opens up" yapping is not valid anymore.
  • Tatinek2Tatinek2 Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Can one enter house numbers for a destination address or anymore?
  • miki_MBmiki_MB Posts: 15 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Is there a way to see multiple routes/alternatives as soon as you set your destination, instead of going to Current route > Find Alternative?
  • fjrnorfjrnor Posts: 9 [Master Explorer]
    lampard wrote: »
    Hi there,

...About the MyDrive sync feature (Syncing routes & Send destination to phone from MyDrive), this is already being implemented and should be added soon early next year.
    Regards, lampard

Thanks for confirming. Great :)
  • Koekwaus2019Koekwaus2019 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited December 2019
    I am a fanatic go mobile user why I have not had a test version of the Android mobile app

When will the Android mobile app for all users be released?

Mod edit: Machine translated(Dutch)
  • PavehPaveh Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I'll comment here once the app is available for all the users. When about it gets published for everyone?
    lampard wrote: »
    Hi there,

Last week, we rolled out new version (v2.0.2) for GO Navigation App to 5% of the users. This version has no improvements, just small bug and account issue fixes. I'll comment here once the app is available for all the users.

About the MyDrive sync feature (Syncing routes & Send destination to phone from MyDrive), this is already being implemented and should be added soon early next year.
    Although for syncing OV2 files with MyDrive, we're trying to see if it's possible to regain this functionality.

Integration with Android Auto is still not possible as we cannot develop this feature until support for integration with TomTom is available.

Regards, lampard

Is Volume Slider being added back?

Is giant Sign Board being nuked?

Are on map street names being made more visible?

Thanks for the updates.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,997 Moderator
    Hi All,

Yesterday, we released the new version 2.0.3 for GO Navigation App to 5% of the users. This update resolves some crash and migration issues, no improvement but just internal fixes.

I don't have the timeline yet for global rollout but I'll post here once it's available for all to download.

Thanks, lampard
  • Tatinek2Tatinek2 Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Can one enter house numbers for a destination address or anymore?
  • tgoldtgold Posts: 2,164 [Revered Voyager]
    edited January 2
    It appears to me that you can enter the building numbers exactly as before, however it will then depend on the map whether the location of the building will be identified.

Using GO Mobile I entered the addresses of three landmark buildings in Miami Beach FL: 1500 Collins Avenue, 302 Lincoln Road and 1111 Lincoln Road and all three were accurately located. However TomTom Navigation could only correctly locate the Collins Avenue building and for those on Lincoln Road the program points to that road's intersection with Meridian Avenue regardless of whatever building number is entered.
  • KomarekKomarek Posts: 17 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Wrrrhhh bad luck my tt go mobile ends today :/
    Unfortunately I've to go to Danemark in two days.
    If I pay one year I'd transfer this year to new nds app?
    Regards

ps I know the existence of GM or Here
  • BrainsieBrainsie Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    Komarek wrote: »
    Wrrrhhh bad luck my tt go mobile ends today :/
    Unfortunately I've to go to Danemark in two days.
    If I pay one year I'd transfer this year to new nds app?
    Regards

ps I know the existence of GM or Here

My license transferred to the new app.
  • KomarekKomarek Posts: 17 [Outstanding Explorer]
    @brainsie
    thanks a lot

tapatalk
    verstuurd vanaf mijn oneplus
  • kyurloityuitgkyurloityuitg Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
    Just installed v2.0.4, but unfortunately no improvements.
    - POI's from MyDrive still won't synchronize.
    - Routes from MyDrive still won't synchronize.
    - To change route-settings from "fastest" to "avoid highway", permanent options in the settings menu have to be changed. (used to be easy via "change route type")

Already with the introduction of the Rider 400, TT made it clear they don't want to have motorcyclists to buy their hardware, the only alternative was the Go app.
    In combination with MyDrive this worked great.
    With the introduction of the new app versions with reduced functionality, TT has forced me to search for alternatives again.
    The outcome of my search will be published in a few motorcycle magazines in the next few months.
  • m0m0mxm0m0mx Posts: 11 [Master Traveler]
    Still full of Bugs

/Map doesnt Center when in Menu and go back to Navigation, then I Need to press the "gps" Button to find my "Position"
    /color shemas not available
    /the bright Mode too bright, cannot See anything on Display when sun comes out
  • RonaldM01RonaldM01 Posts: 11 [Legendary Explorer]
    I guess that's why there is no timeline yet for a global rollout.
    How about a global rollback?
    I don't understand why TT won't roll out 2.0.? as a new app or beta. That way we can play with the new app and still do WORK with the old one? I mean Microsoft just killed off Windows 7 after a really long run.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category1

dezmo
dezmo