What format to use on microSDHC-card for exporting tracks from GO Premium? — TomTom Community

What format to use on microSDHC-card for exporting tracks from GO Premium?

Documentation states that microSDHC-card shall be formatted differently when used for maps or to export tracks. For maps formatting is FAT32, but what format for exporting tracks?

Answers

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,840
    Superuser
    @JohnnyA

You have to format the SDHC card (max 32GB) as FAT32 on your computer, then when it is put into your device you are given the choice of which TomTom proprietary format is to be used, for maps or tracks,. The device then creates several files on the card which are treated as one contiguous area. These files are only readable by the device
  • JohnnyAJohnnyA Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks for a fast response, Niall!

I've formatted the card to FAT32 and put it into my device, and tried formatting. I'm not prompted for any choice of format and the task is ended very quickly, so not certain about the device recognize the card. But back in the pc I see two folders in the card; .android_secure and LOST.DIR. These seems to have been created by the device.

Any suggestions?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,658
    Superuser
    Hi @JohnnyA

I think on the Premium models you just need to insert a card Formatted to Fat32 then just go to My Routes and select Share Tracks.

If that does not work with the card as you have it now I would reformat it, a full format not a quick format, in the PC to Fat32 and just insert it and go to My Routes.

If you are inserting a card for map purposes then it does need formatting within the Premium and you find that option in Settings/System.

Doug
    Thanks for your response, @DougLap !

I've reformatted the card using Fat32 and full format, but the device still doesn't want to use it for storing tracks. Message is Insert memory card/Insert a memory card with enough free space. My card is SanDisk Ultra 32gb and brand new.

Anyone experienced similar troubles?

Johnny
  • bigbig Posts: 1,627
    Superuser
    Sounds like you are doing everything correctly. The card needs to be pushed in until it locks, but I suppose you know that.

Try holding the power button down for about 15 seconds (keep holding it during the "Sleep"/"Turn Off" message) until the device restarts and you see the TomTom logo. Then release the button and let the device finish starting.

Is the card recognised at that point?
    Thanks for your response, @big !

I'm afraid this didn't work either. I've tried the shut off/restart as descibed both mounted to the pc and not mounted to the pc, but the card still isn't recognised.

Johnny