Installing version 2.20.4.1267 of TomTom HOME aborts with Setup was not completed successfully — TomTom Community

Installing version 2.20.4.1267 of TomTom HOME aborts with Setup was not completed successfully

This was on Windows 10. Anyone know of a work-around? This is pretty frustrating.
Tagged:

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,458
    Superusers
    Hi

I assume your device is one of the End of Life devices ???

The first install of Home2 v2.11.9.702 is the current Home 2 for devices that are NOT END OF LIFE... If Home2 v2.11.9.702 senses that the connected device is END OF LIFE (Detected by Serial Number)... Then Home 2 recognises the device is EoL and offers the Mandatory update Home2 v2.20.4.1267....

The Mandatory version of Home2 v2.20.4.1267, is a downgraded Home2 where only the Menus and Features that Tomtom allow for EoL devices are active... Menus like Maps or Live Services updates and some other features have been deactivated....

Here are two Options you may want to try... I prefer Option (2)

Option...(1)

notboris wrote: »
    Right I have finally cracked it and I am running and able to access version 2.20.2.1257

I will now explain what I actually did, its easy really, you will kick yourselves. It is not the fix YamFazMan suggested but because of YamFazMan's input it led me to finding the fix, so big thanks for that YamFazMan.

Right, after my two attempts to fix the problem as outlined in my 6.02pm post. I was at the point where I had installed on my PC TomTom version 2.11.8.600 which if you attempted to run it, it insists you update to version 2.20.2.1257 but just aborts on a loop. Now that installed version 2.11.8.600 was sporting the earlier doctored application.ini file to Version 2.9.99.999 so that alteration to the application.ini file altered nothing.

The above is just to show you how I got to where I am now.

HERE IS THE FIX.
    I had my TomTom in its updating cradle connected to the PC.
    I fired up TomTom Home clicked on the "critical update" link and as soon as I saw the file download had finished, I closed the program via "Task Manager"
    I then uninstalled TomTomHome ......so version 2.11.8.600 was no more.
    I opened the download folder and clicked on version 2.20.2.1257

And thats it, it installed and updated my satnav which is now sporting the latest "mapshares" and the latest "Quick GPfix" version. 1566978324

Also see the below quote by BillB123...
    An alternate way to close "Critical update" link....
    BillB123 wrote: »
    I have this problem also trying to use Home 2.11.8.600. for my GO 730, just gets stuck in a loop and won't update.
    I found a work around, Alt and F4 closes the update window and lets you continue.

Option... (2)
    This works for me....
    I can install all of the updates that Tomtom allow for my EoL NAV2 Start device....
    Note... Using this option you will be running a modified version 2_9_91_411 that doesn't call for the latest problematic update to be installed

YamFazMan wrote: »
    Modify Tomtom Home to use older version of tomtom Home... (Mabe usefull for End of Life TomtomDevices with No further map or other updates)

(1)… Uninstall TomTom Home
    (2)… Download last "good" version 2_9_91_411 from.... http://download.tomtom.com/sweet/application/releases/v2_9_91_411_win.exe

(3)… Install it without running....
    ie, un-check the 'Run Home' tick box when installation completes

(4)... Using Windows Explorer, navigate to
    C:\Program Files\TomTom HOME 2\xul (32 bit Windows)
    or
    C:\Program Files (x86)\TomTom HOME 2\xul (64 bit Windows)
    and find application.ini file
    (5)… Edit application.ini file (you might need admin privileges) and modify "Version=2.9.91.411" to "Version=2.99.99.999"
    (6)… Run TomTom Home. It will believe to be running latest version 2.99.99.999 and therefore not pull the update

ATB YFM