Automatic switch to 3d when start driving — TomTom Community

Automatic switch to 3d when start driving

larsras05larsras05 Posts: 9 [Apprentice Traveler]
New user of TT GO. Currently it works ok for me. I miss though the functionality to have it switch to 3D automatically when I start driving. Other apps can do that.

Answers

• tgoldtgold Posts: 2,110 [Revered Pioneer]
    edited December 2019
    In GO Mobile try Settings / Appearance / Guidance View you can choose the default between 2D and 3D. In TomTom Navigation go to Settings / Map and Display / Zoom & Orientation for those choices.
  • larsras05larsras05 Posts: 9 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have it in 3D already, but it should switch from 2D (walking view) to 3D (driving view) automatically (enable/disable in settings) even though you do not have a route guidance ongoing. Just due to the fact that you start driving.
    A single tap on the arrow icon in the navigation view will change the orientation. Until apps or devices can read minds that may be the best we can expect.
  • larsras05larsras05 Posts: 9 [Apprentice Traveler]
    That is what I do now. My phone is not easily reached, as it is mounted now.
    My favourite navigation app does that. So if I shall switch nav app to TT Go, this is on my "must do" list.
    edited December 2019
    It would seem the solution for you is to set the app to 3D so it's correct when you drive and when your device is mounted and more difficult to reach and then you will only need tap the screen when you are walking and your device is hand-held.

Maybe the devs will respond to your wish that the orientation auto-changes based on apparent speed, although I am not convinced that having the screen swap its view orientation at every red traffic light or temporary congestion would be helpful to many users.