Is there a cross reference list of all voices + languages available in MyDrive Connect? — TomTom Community

Is there a cross reference list of all voices + languages available in MyDrive Connect?

AllNightAllNight Posts: 20 [Master Traveler]
I have found that TomTom MyDrive Connect on Windows 10 is seriously handicapped when it comes to installing voices.

In the section of the application where I click "Add Voices," a drop down expands with literally hundreds of free voices available. However, there is a "language" heading for each voice, and every entry says "Not Available." So, there is no way of knowing 1) Which language each voice is, and 2) Which voices are "computer" voices that can speak street names. Additionally, some of the voices are listed more than once, with different file sizes, and not in order, so the duplicate names might appear far apart from one another in the list.

Additionally, every single voice must be individually installed. Even the < 1 MB voices take 1-2 minutes each to completely install.

This might not be so bad if there was some kind of web page, PDF, or some kind of cross reference that shows which language each voice is, and whether or not it can speak street names. But the most I could find is this:

https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/sat-nav/maps-services/shop/navigation-voices/
https://www.tomtom.com/en_us/sat-nav/maps-services/shop/navigation-voices/

Clicking "Free" on the above pages shows about 20% of the voices available in the MyDrive Connect application. The above pages show language, but not whether or not each voice can speak street names.

For example, the MyDrive Connect Application lists a voice called "Tom." This voice does not appear on the above web pages. After installing the voice, I can then go into "Change Voice" on the TomTom device, and only then discover that this is a US English voice, and that it can speak street names. But I would have no way of knowing that without actually installing the voice.

This means, that without any reference, in order to discover this information myself, I would need to spend hours installing every voice, one at a time, from the MyDrive Connect Application, then go into "Change Voice", and manually record the language of each voice and whether or not it can speak street names. If I then wanted to keep only English voices, or only English voices that can speak street names, I would again have to spend hours uninstalling every voice I don't want, one at a time.

Please tell me that there is some kind of cross reference sheet or source that lists all of the voices available in MyDrive Connect, their language, and whether or not they are "computer" voices that can speak street names?

TomTom Go Live 1535M, TomTom MyDrive Connect v4.2.6.3888

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,002
    Superusers
    edited December 2019
    Hi
    @AllNight

This is this is the only list I'm aware off.... Started by User @Niall
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/794123/tts-voice-names.p1
    Note... The link in the post stopped working when the Forum changed....

ATB YFM
  • AllNightAllNight Posts: 20 [Master Traveler]
    *Sigh* Thanks for the reply, but that is an even smaller list than the links I posted. It's a tiny fraction of the hundreds of names appearing in the MyDrive Connect application's list of "Add Voices". Maybe one day if I have the time I'll spend the hours it will take to install all of them (one by one), so I can then use the TomTom to actually see what all of the languages are, and also which ones are text-to-speech computer voices that will read street names.

Ridiculous.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,002
    Superusers
    Hi

Re... In the section of the application where I click "Add Voices," a drop down expands with literally hundreds of free voices available. However, there is a "language" heading for each voice, and every entry says "Not Available."

Tomtom are aware of the error/bug

ATB YFM
  • AllNightAllNight Posts: 20 [Master Traveler]
    edited December 2019
    Thanks for the reply YamFazMan. I hope this means that the problem will be fixed in a future version of MyDrive Connect. At least knowing the languages there will make working with installing voices a lot easier!

By the way, I tried contacting support, who replied that the MyDrive application and the TomTom itself are the only way to check languages and street name reading ability. NO cross reference sheet available! I guess that leaves it to a user to spend the hours it would take to make one. To me, this is info that should NOT be that hard to obtain from someone at TomTom. I mean, surely they know which voices are which language, and which ones can read street names? Why not publish that data? Crazy! :s