Can't access and use Menu in Landscape Mode — TomTom Community

Can't access and use Menu in Landscape Mode

Hi.
TomTom Go Mobile.
Huawei P20 Lite ~ Android.
Upgraded to unlimited mileage.

With the phone held upright (Portrait), Menu is accessed and useable as intended.
If I then put the phone on it's side (Landscape) with the Menu open, it's still useable, i.e. I can scroll, select, and use the Menu options.

However, with it kept in Landscape Mode (as I have it mounted on my Bike), if I return to the Map, and then open the Menu, the Icons are 'Greyed out', and have no Labels.
If I try to select anything, the Icons scroll to the left each time I touch one.
Rotating the phone back to Portrait brings the Menu back to normal, i.e. full brightness Icons, with their Labels.

If I have the Map showing in Portrait Mode, then rotate into Landscape, the Menu opens and is useable, but if I return to the Map, then open the Menu again, it's back to being greyed-out and unusable again.

Any ideas?

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 4,481 TomTom Moderator
    edited November 2019
    Hi @Doc_7

Welcome to the Community & thank you for reporting this! Can you please confirm the version of GO Mobile App along with the Android version? You can find it under Main Menu>Settings>System>About.

Regards, lampard
  • Doc_7Doc_7 Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    Thanks Lampard.

App Version~1.18.1 release/1.18 (2169)
    Map Version 1035.9663 (Western Europe)
    Android Version 9
    Thanks @Doc_7 for replying back! I'll forward this to my product team for further investigation.

Regards, lampard
  • Doc_7Doc_7 Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    Many thanks.

John
  • EddySchnellEddySchnell Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited November 2019
    have the same problem with samsung s7 edge
    App Version ~ 1.18.1 Release / 1.18 (2169)
    Card version 1035.9663 (Western Europe)
    Android Version 8

Mod edit- Machine translated from German
  • KomarekKomarek Posts: 9 [Master Explorer]
    Hi Lampard, any news?

The same problems after update to 1.18.1 with my Oneplus 6t.
    Maps 1035.9662 Central EU.
    Android 9 / OxygenOS 9.0.9

btw - it's my first post so kind regards to all.
    Hi there,

Thank you all for providing the information and I just wanted to let you know that we're already looking into this.

Regards, lampard
  • GraymanGrayman Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    I have this same problem on a Moto G7 running Android 9. I reported it three months ago in September (Incident: 190902-001414) when I was on app version v1.17.7 and am now on v1.18.1, still with the same problem. Interestingly (!), my old Moto G5 on Android 8.1 and also v1.18.1 does not have the issue.

TomTom - I know you keep saying you're looking at this, but it's been months so how about a fix date? It's really inconvenient not being able to use the menu in landscape. I'm getting the almost daily "revamp underway" messages (but no action there either) - when it eventually happens, will it fix this menu bug?