TomTom Home & MacOS X Catalina - Page 3 — TomTom Community

TomTom Home & MacOS X Catalina

Answers

• Andy1950Andy1950 Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    I have spoken to the support team on 02079490134 about it.Thats the Mac X Catalina 64 bit update.
    Their answer was that they have a new update version ready to release but they are waiting for a new licence and permission before they can release it.And they will inform every one by email when it is released.
    DON,T HOLD YOUR BREATH.
    THE MORE PEOPLE KEEP RINGING THEM WILL HELP THE
    MEMBERS.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,485 Moderator
    edited December 2019
    Thank you for your patience!

A new version of TomTom HOME is now available for download on our support website.

This version will cover the fix for the software application not working on macOS Catalina.

Here is a direct download link if you are super eager to install the upgraded version and get going :)

-Vikram
  • jicemanjiceman Posts: 21 [Master Explorer]
    edited December 2019
    VikramK wrote: »
    Thank you for your patience!

A new version of TomTom HOME is now available for download on our support website.

This version will cover the fix for the software application not working on macOS Catalina.

Here is a direct download link if you are super eager to install the upgraded version and get going :)

-Vikram

Will TomTom Home autoupdate? My current version is 2.11.7.575 and when I check for updates, it is said to be the latest.

I looked at the link above. I am not sure if it is the same Tom Tom Home as the look is different. Also, it seems to require the installation of a specific version of Java SDK (perhaps not only the runtime). Is that correct?

BTW, it seemed to need the Java 8 SDK installed (or at least the command line version on the Mac). Once I did that, it works for me.

Thanks
  • DM_EssonneDM_Essonne Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    Hello. Happy to see a new version. I followed the lind of Vikram, and downloaded the software but it doesn't work under Mojave. The application just refuse to open. Disappointing…
  • jicemanjiceman Posts: 21 [Master Explorer]
    DM_Essonne wrote: »
    Hello. Happy to see a new version. I followed the lind of Vikram, and downloaded the software but it doesn't work under Mojave. The application just refuse to open. Disappointing…

Runs for me under 10.14.6 with Java 8 installed (Oracle version).
  • DM_EssonneDM_Essonne Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    Sorry, also under 10.14.6, even with Java, the installer indicates "insufficient memory", and that's wrong… I shall wait for an official update : I think this version is not enough debugged.
  • rhmimacrhmimac Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited December 2019
    after updating through the link on the support pages, the Tom Tom Home app on OSX 10.14.6 has still the version no. 2.11.7.575? Is this a 64bit app now or not?
  • fperrigault77fperrigault77 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Hi, I have Catalina 10.15.1 and JDK8 installed, and the TTH update doesn't work. I click on it in the launcher and it makes nothing. So ?
  • FredottoFredotto Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    Same, downloaded & installed but when I try to launch it nothing happens... seems we are far from the solution...
  • MARYANNGO5100MARYANNGO5100 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    I have macbook pro running catalina and totom go5100. Impossible to update go 5100 on macbook. I dug out an old windows laptop on its last legs and downloaded tomtom my connect - update ran seamlessly in a timely manner without issue. As an aside my iphone no longer works with apple carplay as it did , i.e. no hands free since ios update. I despair both with tomtom and apple.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,422
    Superuser
    edited December 2019
    Hi @MARYANNGO5100

I have My Drive Connect working okay on my MacBook Air running Catalina. Try deleting the current version on your Mac and download the latest version from the Tomtom website.

I also use Apple CarPlay with my Apple SE and the Handsfree facility works on my GO5200 and Go Camper. devices.

Can you provide more detail.

Doug
  • IanRobertsIanRoberts Posts: 9 [Master Explorer]
    I received an email from TomTom this morning with a link to the 'compatible version of TomTom HOME for 10.15 Catalina'.
    The new version down loads OK and a new TomTom HOME icon appears BUT IT DOES NOT OPEN!!!
    Perhaps Vikram can advise.
  • sdrb59sdrb59 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have the same issue - I've downloaded the supposed latest version of TomTom HOME for my macbook pro, installed it as per instructions, launch the app but then...nothin, nada, zip, diddly-squat.

I've tried deleting the app and re-downloading/reinstalling but the same happens.

C'mon TomTom, please get this sorted. It shouldn't be this difficult!
  • Mike_571Mike_571 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Same problem here. It's probably java related, despite it's already installed on my system:

/Applications/TomTomHOME.app/Contents/MacOS/startup: line 6: /bin/java: No such file or directory
  • LeonB75LeonB75 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Same problem here. I tried installing de windows version in parallels (win10) but it did not install either.........
  • Bert1959Bert1959 Posts: 9 [Master Traveler]
    Well....... one should give TT the benefit of the doubt and think in IT it never works in one. But question.

Why is tt home still not working on Catalina??????? App does not open. Does not open by double clicking on the icon and tt home does not open when my device is connected to my Mac.

Think you have a serious problem on your hand.

A disappointed and rather furious tt home user.

• KiwiDesKiwiDes Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    If TomTom Home compatible with Mac Catalina is not released soon, I am going to need to look at reclining my TomTom with a different brand. Shame because I quite like my TomTom, but if it can't be updated, then there really is no point staying with it.

Please TomTom, when, ( ie specify a date) do you expect to upgrade TomTom HOME to Mac Catalina?
  • PETESK721PETESK721 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Same problem here, tried all above, now the program open, but locks in the install window.....really makes me angry, I use to much time, trying to get it work...grrr :s

I am not sure that I will buy TomTom next time :'(
  • tgreenw900tgreenw900 Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    Downloaded JDK Java 8 and then the updated TTH opened then crashed. Appzapped Java and TomTom HOME and back to square one. Like the Rider but this is getting hard to live with. It seemed we just had to wait a long time for the Zero Week Rollover or something like that earlier this year. How do you spell Garmin?
  • JeronimusJeronimus Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hmmm, wanted to update my maps and now my TOMTOM Home app doesn't work (same problems as above). I hope TT will provide a working solution pretty soon!
  • Cee_Dee_4_MeCee_Dee_4_Me Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    My complaint to TomTom:
    Kuldeep, I downloaded and installed this and IT DOES NOT WORK..
    I go to launch it and it just bounces once or twice in the dock and that's it .. it just stops, it does not even launch ...? ( I also tried to launch it from the Applications screen and still nothing ..)
    This is like a never ending story ..
    Will this ever be fixed ..?
    Do I need to make a formal request for the money that I spent updating my maps ..?

PLEASE fix this ..

Their response:
    I will request you to re-install TomTom HOME on your computer following the steps in the link provided: Reinstalling TomTom HOME
    I will also keep you informed that this issue is resolved for our customers, if you are still having issues we might have to conduct a remote computer view session to overcome this issue.
    Accept our sincere apologies for all the inconvenience caused.

- Uninstalled (as per instructions) .. Installed, NOTHING (same issue)
    - Tried this 3 times .. NOTHING (same issue)

WHY is this so hard ?

If there was a way of removing the TomTom from my car I would remove it and throw it away but I can't as it's installed in my Renault..

What a waste of money purchasing new maps !!
  • sdrb59sdrb59 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    It's staggering in this day and age that Tom Tom are claiming they've released a working version of their software but multiple customers are reporting that it doesn't work.

Why isn't Tom Tom testing this properly?

Hey Tom Tom, if your team would like some education in basic software testing, I'd be happy to help as I've been doing it successfully for over 30 years. ;)
  • Jimbob64Jimbob64 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    I have also wasted a couple of hours, unsuccessfully, trying to get the new 64 bit version to work.

Perhaps TomTom could put a version of TomTom Home on the macOS App Store that will just install and work.

The present version seems to require a PHD in Computer Science to get working!
  • Bert1959Bert1959 Posts: 9 [Master Traveler]
    Does anybody know how to replace a built-in TT Carminat? And have a Garmin?

TT this is the second time you are not able to deliver functioning software to your customers. Next time I buy a car the built-in satnav will be a real issue for me.
  • stupidearthlingstupidearthling Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Having bumped into all the above I was finally able to get Home to run - albeit in a bit of a hacky way.

Right click on the TomTomHome application and select "Show Package Contents"
    Then navigate to the folder - Contents/Resources/Java
    From there you can double click TomTomHOME-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT-runnable.jar to run it.

Now - getting my mac to recognise and connect to my Go 730 will be a whole new adventure.

I've not used Tom Tom before - It's like a trip down memory lane. Nice to see a company holding onto 1990's software values ;)