3D maps on GO 620 — TomTom Community

3D maps on GO 620

Why aren't I seeing 3D graphics on my new Go 620? Also, Why doesn't the time display work when not on a route.?

Comments

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,119
    Superuser
    Hi @PainterJohn

Check

Tap Menu (4Dots)
    Tap Settings
    Tap Appearance
    Tap Guidance View
    Check the 3 D settings

Doug
  • dmulvdmulv Posts: 666
    Superuser
    Also, bear in mind that 3D buildings are only present in major towns and cities. It could just be that the area you're driving in doesn't have the buildings mapped out (yet?).

Regarding the clock, it relies on the route bar being present for it to display - which as you say only appears when a route's plotted. No way around that unfortunately, unless the developers change the behaviour in a future release.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,443
    Superusers
    edited December 2019
    Hi
    @PainterJohn

The 3D building are ONLY available for Major Cities/Towns and Tourist Attractions
    The 3D building Map for say 'Europe' is already near as dammit 9GB, to include every City/Town the Maps would be impossibly huge.

ATB YFM
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,119
    Superuser
    Hi @PainterJohn

There is a way to display a clock but you do not display the map.

When there is no route on the device

Tap Menu
    Tap the very top of the screen.

Doug
  • PainterJohnPainterJohn Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks for your responses. I'm surprised that this new GPS has less options and/or user control than my old TomTom. I can't find the model but I've had it awhile and was needing an upgrade. I'll get used to it.
    Superusers
    Hi

Display Clock without a route planned....
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Tap Anywhere on the 5 Icons screen top right

r8fozkinf0p9.jpg
    The current Time is displayed Screen Top left on the Connected devices Status Screen

nb5ipmq7bfhw.jpg
    Tap the blue ( > ) Icon screen top right... to return :)

ATB YFM
  • mjr346mjr346 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I agree with this gentleman, had a unit that was obsoleted by tom tom used to be able to have time displayed, show the number of satellites it was seeing )as well as gps coordinates) and was able to switch between 2d always north, 2 d in direction of travel and 3d by hitting direction... Figure this will be growing pains, but is also on models from other manufacturers.. maybe some thing to add for later hardware updates?
    Superusers
    edited April 2
    Hi
    @mjr346
    mjr346 wrote: »
    (Snip) As well as GPS coordinates
    Tap on the four dot Icon (....) (Bottom left screen)
    Tap Search Icon
    Tap (Top right on screen) Tap Whole map
    Note... On some units (I think) it says Installed Maps
    Scroll down
    Tap Latitude Longitude Icon....

By the way... When the device has a "GPS Satellite lock"
    The Latitude and Longitude shown on the Coordinates Menu screen as an example is... Live for your location

Coordinates....
    Seee... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1697422/#Comment_1697422
    mjr346 wrote: »
    And was able to switch between 2d always north, 2 d in direction of travel and 3d by hitting direction
    (Snip) Tap on the direction of Travel Icon, above the + and - Signs
    To toggle between the North-up Overview Planning Map and the Driving Map view chosen in the Setting menus i.e... 2D in direction of travel or 3D

mulqpd39pdff.jpg
    The direction of Travel Icon is thinner more pointed in the 2D in direction of travel or 3D Driving view

i82ldz9u5cf1.png
    GO 620 User Guide...
    Here... http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/gox20x/index.htm

ATB YFM