My TomTom2 suddenly refuses to connect via GPS — TomTom Community

My TomTom2 suddenly refuses to connect via GPS

I live in Dunedin (NZ) and have had a problem with my watch failing to connect for the last month or so, despite my updating it at least twice a week. Interestingly, it connected with GPS very quickly when i was in Brisbane (Australia) last week, but it refuses to do so here in Dunedin. Can anyone advise? I am getting very fed up, and it is next to impossible to contact TomTom for advice - i end up going round and roudn in corporate website circles (you insulated yourselves well there, fellas...).

Answers

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,334
    Superusers
    Try a factory reset, that is about your only option. Since TT Sports went out of business over two years ago support has been seriously curtailed. To get in touch with Customer Support, choose Contact Us at the bottom of this page, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Email Us (only available after hours) or Chat (only available in business hours in India). There is no longer phone support available for the sports lineup.
  • DrMuzz57DrMuzz57 Posts: 2 [Novice Seeker]
    Thanks for this advice - I've tried 2 factory resets, to no avail. I'll try emailing them.
    Cheers
    MT
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 5,590
    Community Manager
    In case your watch doesn't pick up QuickGPSfix, you need to power off the watch in order to re-start its drivers. To do so, hold ctrl (Windows) or cmd (macOS) while hovering over the reset button in the Settings of Sports connect. Disconnecting the watch from the computer will power off the watch, reconnecting it will power it back on.