tomtom home does not work — TomTom Community

tomtom home does not work

2.20.4.1267 receives an error message that the app cannot be executed. Cannot prevent 2.11.8.600 from attempting to upgrade automatically and the splash screen is blocking the app's operation at home.
The splash screen has "a major upgrade of the TomTom home client is available ..."
The new version 2.20.4.1267 receives an error message at startup that starts with the text "This app cannot run on your PC. To find a version for your PC, contact the software publisher"
I have been working on this for many hours and cannot find solutions on the internet.
i have windows 10 with 32 bits

Mod edit: Machine translated(Dutch)
Tagged:

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,458
    Superusers
    edited December 2019
    Hi
    @pietvo
    pietvo wrote: »
    2.20.4.1267 krijgt een foutmelding dat app niet kan worden uitgevoerd. Kan niet voorkomen dat 2.11.8.600 probeert automatisch te upgraden en het splash-scherm blokkeert de werking van de app thuis.
    Het splash-scherm heeft "er is een grote upgrade van de TomTom home-client beschikbaar ..."
    De nieuwe versie 2.20.4.1267 krijgt een foutmelding bij het opstarten die begint met de tekst "Deze app kan niet op uw pc worden uitgevoerd. Een versie voor uw pc vinden , neem contact op met de software-uitgever "
    Ik ben hier al vele uren mee bezig en kan geen oplossingen vinden op internet.
    ik heb windows 10 met 32 bits
    Google Translate....
    2.20.4.1267 receives an error message that the app cannot be executed. Cannot prevent 2.11.8.600 from attempting to upgrade automatically and the splash screen is blocking the app's operation at home.
    The splash screen has 'a major upgrade of the TomTom home client is available ...'
    The new version 2.20.4.1267 receives an error message at startup that starts with the text 'This app cannot run on your PC. To find a version for your PC, contact the software publisher'
    I have been working on this for many hours and cannot find solutions on the internet.
    i have windows 10 with 32 bits

As Far as I'm aware, the first install Home2 v2.11.9.702 is the current Home 2 for devices that are NOT END OF LIFE... If Home2 v2.11.9.702 senses that the connected device is END OF LIFE (Detected by Serial Number)... Then Home 2 recognises the device is EoL and offerers the Mandatory update Home2 v2.20.4.1267... In the Mandatory version Home2 v2.20.4.1267, only the Menus and Features that Tomtom allow for EoL devices are active... Menus like Maps or Live Services updates and some features are deactivated....

Here are two Options you may want to try... I prefer Option (2)

Option...(1)
    notboris wrote: »
    Right I have finally cracked it and I am running and able to access version 2.20.2.1257

I will now explain what I actually did, its easy really, you will kick yourselves. It is not the fix YamFazMan suggested but because of YamFazMan's input it led me to finding the fix, so big thanks for that YamFazMan.

Right, after my two attempts to fix the problem as outlined in my 6.02pm post. I was at the point where I had installed on my PC TomTom version 2.11.8.600 which if you attempted to run it, it insists you update to version 2.20.2.1257 but just aborts on a loop. Now that installed version 2.11.8.600 was sporting the earlier doctored application.ini file to Version 2.9.99.999 so that alteration to the application.ini file altered nothing.

The above is just to show you how I got to where I am now.

HERE IS THE FIX.
    I had my TomTom in its updating cradle connected to the PC.
    I fired up TomTom Home clicked on the "critical update" link and as soon as I saw the file download had finished, I closed the program via "Task Manager"
    I then uninstalled TomTomHome ......so version 2.11.8.600 was no more.
    I opened the download folder and clicked on version 2.20.2.1257

And thats it, it installed and updated my satnav which is now sporting the latest "mapshares" and the latest "Quick GPfix" version. 1566978324

Option... (2)
    This works for me....
    I can install all of the updates that Tomtom allow for my EoL NAV2 Start device....
    Note... Using this option you will be running a modified version 2_9_91_411 that doesn't call for the latest problematic update to be installed
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    Modify Tomtom Home to use older version of tomtom Home... (Mabe usefull for End of Life TomtomDevices with No further map or other updates)

(1)… Uninstall TomTom Home
    (2)… Download last "good" version 2_9_91_411 from.... http://download.tomtom.com/sweet/application/releases/v2_9_91_411_win.exe

(3)… Install it without running....
    ie, un-check the 'Run Home' tick box when installation completes

(4)... Using Windows Explorer, navigate to
    C:\Program Files\TomTom HOME 2\xul (32 bit Windows)
    or
    C:\Program Files (x86)\TomTom HOME 2\xul (64 bit Windows)
    and find application.ini file
    (5)… Edit application.ini file (you might need admin privileges) and modify "Version=2.9.91.411" to "Version=2.99.99.999"
    (6)… Run TomTom Home. It will believe to be running latest version 2.99.99.999 and therefore not pull the update
    ATB YFM