I got two maps installed, US and EU. Which one do I tell to boot from? Is my favorites kept? — TomTom Community

I got two maps installed, US and EU. Which one do I tell to boot from? Is my favorites kept?

DetärmigDetärmig Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hi

I travel a lot so I need to have both US and Europe map installed, on a SD card inserted into the memcard-slot. Both which I in MyDrive Connect have been installed onto the device, a Tomtom Start 25.
But I have problem selecting which of the two maps the Tomtom Start 25 should start with.
Currently I have the US map shown after boot. I got that question only ones, which map it should boot from. Could I somehow reset the device so I see the question again? Just turning off the device do not bring the question up again, after booting device.
Also is my favorites kept between swishing maps?
I seldom bring my desktop PC with me on trips, so I need change maps using the Tomtom device only, I foresee often my task of switching maps will happen mid-Atlantic.

Thank you,
Superman

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,828 Superusers
    edited December 2019
    Hi
    @Detärmig

Re... NAV3 Start 25
    To switch between individual Maps US <---> Europe....
    From the main menu
    Tap (Settings)
    Right Cursor Twice for next page
    Tap (Switch Map)
    Select the required Map
    Follow on screen prompts to exit

To Switch Countries on a large single Map like Europe....
    i.e... UK <---> France

On the screen where you enter your city/postcode
    Screen top right is a Flag Icon... Tap the Flag Icon
    Type Fra or as much of the countries name ie... France to put the French map Icon at the top of the list
    Tap the French Flag Icon
    Now you can enter your French Address
    The French map will now be the default Map

If you plan a trip to another Country you will have to change the Map as above to suit
    Don't forget to switch back to the UK Map on your return

ATB YFM