Speed Cameras No Audio Warnings When Phone is Locked — TomTom Community

Speed Cameras No Audio Warnings When Phone is Locked

nocamnocam Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
This was working fine until a few weeks ago. I could have the phone in my pocket, jump in to the car, Speed Cameras starts up when it connects to the car's BT then gives audio warnings for cameras. Perfect. Never have to think about it.

Since a few weeks it only gives warnings when the phone is unlocked. Here's what I have tried so far:
  • Updated Android OS
  • Removed App deleted app data and reinstalled with latest version 1.16.2
  • Disabled BT on phone
  • Set sound output to Device selected or Device Speaker (tried both)
  • Under Device MAintenance - Battery set Speed Camera to be an unmonitored app. Seems like this should have fixed it as when I unlock the phone Seed Camera starts searching for GPS signal as though it was asleep - this only takes a second as the phone has a good signal.

Any ideas most welcome.

Best Answer

• nocamnocam Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Accepted Answer
    Finally found the problem, I post this in case others have it.

Issue is with an Andoird update -- the power saving now turns off the GPS when the phone is locked. So TomTom gets no position info to give audible warnings. Fix is as follows:

Settings > Device Maintenance >Battery (icon bottom left). Set Power Saving Mode to OFF.

Jürgen - suggested enhancements -
    • Check power saving on startup (CamSam does this)
    • (Unrelated to this issue) -- "warn when speeding" - it nags every time I am 1 mph over the limit. Give option to warn only when 5% ot 10% over the limit.

Answers

• JürgenJürgen Posts: 5,689
    Community Manager
    What phone is this and what version of Android?
    Samsung S7 Android 8.0.0
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 5,689
    Community Manager
    Android 8.0.0 on an S7 should not have any issues, we only know of an auto-start issue related to Android 10 which we're working on. You also seem to have done all troubleshooting that makes sense here.
    Accepted Answer
    Finally found the problem, I post this in case others have it.

Issue is with an Andoird update -- the power saving now turns off the GPS when the phone is locked. So TomTom gets no position info to give audible warnings. Fix is as follows:

Settings > Device Maintenance >Battery (icon bottom left). Set Power Saving Mode to OFF.

Jürgen - suggested enhancements -
    • Check power saving on startup (CamSam does this)
    • (Unrelated to this issue) -- "warn when speeding" - it nags every time I am 1 mph over the limit. Give option to warn only when 5% ot 10% over the limit.