Why can't I see whole postcode when doing a search on GO 6200? — TomTom Community

Why can't I see whole postcode when doing a search on GO 6200?

hughmozhughmoz Posts: 11 [Legendary Explorer]
Why can't I see whole postcode when doing a search where I put house number, street, and town/city in? It only gives the first three letters/digit instead of whole postcode and so there is no way of checking that you are going to the right place.

It seems that more and more useful features get removed and silly ones like points of interest take priority as if TomTom are being paid to promote commercial concerns.

Answers

• rider1riderrider1rider Posts: 63 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    some examples will help here so we can try out
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,864 Superusers
    Hi
    @hughmoz

Are you using Quick Search... (The Best)
    Or Step by Step Search... (Problematic for UK Postcode searches)
    Check....
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> System --> Choose a search mode....

ATB YFM
  • hughmozhughmoz Posts: 11 [Legendary Explorer]
    edited December 2019
    Yes, I'm using the Quick search as the Step by Step is, as you say problematic (I would say useless as, it will give two areas of a town or city for a road and then when you click on either it asks for the road name so, whomever designed needs moving on to a simpler job). TomTom seem, oblivious that a lot of houses just have a name and in the UK we do not have grid systems as they do in the USA.

Anyway the Quick search still has the same problem that I am describing, which is that if you put in a house number and a road and town/city it will only display the first three letters/number of a postcode instead of the whole postcode. For an expensive SatNav it lacks a lot of finesse other than promoting things nobody is interested in as in places of interest which maybe they get paid for for taking up a 1/3 rd of the screen.