Exporting old workouts to Training Peaks — TomTom Community

Exporting old workouts to Training Peaks

hoodlumhale1114hoodlumhale1114 Posts: 12 [Apprentice Traveler]
I want to export all of my TomTom data to TrainingPeaks. This is the old data over the last 2 years. Is it possible to do this? The TomTom sports website acts like it's only going to export new workouts. But the old ones are the ones I need.

I've located the individual workout files in Windows, but they're not .csv, .xls, etc. They're all .ttbin or Internet Shortcut files.

Best Answers

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,462
    Superusers
    Accepted Answer
    When you set TP up as an export it will only load new activities. To load old ones you will need to download them all from TT and then manually upload them to TP. Go into Settings and under Manage Account here is a button for Manage my data. Select this and it will give you zip files you can download with all of the activities as data as gpx or json_2 files.
  • hoodlumhale1114hoodlumhale1114 Posts: 12 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Accepted Answer
    I figured it out so I'm going to post the solution here:
    I'd recommend doing all of this on a desktop device.
    Open TomTom Sports - Activities. You'll see a list of activities. Open the activity you want to transfer to TP. On the left side you'll see the data summary.
    Click on the Share icon.
    Of the file types it asks you to choose from, select .fit
    Save it to a location on your device.

Open TP - Calendar
    Click Upload icon in the top left corner. When the pop up screen shows up, click the Upload button.
    Select the file you just saved from TomTom. Give it a minute to work, and then the workout you uploaded should show up in TP.

Be aware that TP converts the mileage as a treadmill so you may need to correct it.
    You can also alter the workout name.

If it's good Save and Close on TP.

To save time I opened about 10 of the TomTom Activities in multiple tabs. Then saved them in a folder. Then I'd upload them, make my edits in TP.

Answers

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,462
    Superusers
    Accepted Answer
    When you set TP up as an export it will only load new activities. To load old ones you will need to download them all from TT and then manually upload them to TP. Go into Settings and under Manage Account here is a button for Manage my data. Select this and it will give you zip files you can download with all of the activities as data as gpx or json_2 files.
    TomTom is only downloading the data as json files. Of course, Training Peaks doesn't accept json files.
    Accepted Answer
    I figured it out so I'm going to post the solution here:
    I'd recommend doing all of this on a desktop device.
    Open TomTom Sports - Activities. You'll see a list of activities. Open the activity you want to transfer to TP. On the left side you'll see the data summary.
    Click on the Share icon.
    Of the file types it asks you to choose from, select .fit
    Save it to a location on your device.

Open TP - Calendar
    Click Upload icon in the top left corner. When the pop up screen shows up, click the Upload button.
    Select the file you just saved from TomTom. Give it a minute to work, and then the workout you uploaded should show up in TP.

Be aware that TP converts the mileage as a treadmill so you may need to correct it.
    You can also alter the workout name.

If it's good Save and Close on TP.

To save time I opened about 10 of the TomTom Activities in multiple tabs. Then saved them in a folder. Then I'd upload them, make my edits in TP.