Selling doubts... — TomTom Community

Selling doubts...

Hello everyone!

I'm new and I need help with a doubt about my Tom Tom Start 25.
I intend to sell my current navigator in favor of a superior model, perhaps one of the last ones released. Anyway, my doubt is this: I subscribed to an annual speed camera service which is still running and expires in May 2020. I reset the device via the navigator and deleted it from my My drive Connect account. Now my subscription? Will it be eliminated? used by the new owner? Will it remain active even if the device is associated with a new account?
Thanks for your help.

Best Answer

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,419 Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @FresianLover

Any live and map update subscriptions which are courtly active are tied to the devices serial number along with the ownership of any other maps you have added in addition to the original map.

When you do a full Reset of the Device it will delete all your Data returning it to how it was out of the box except the Software and maps on it will not be affected along with the current Subscriptions. Whoever gets the unit can add it to their Tomtom account and it should continue to have the live services etc until the expiry date.

You should note that some Start 25 devices have been declared obsolete and so when the Live services and any map update subscriptions expire they cannot be renewed. You can check here if you device is one of the Start 25 units affected.

https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9508/kw/what tomtom do I have

Doug

Answers

Accepted Answer
    Hi @FresianLover

Any live and map update subscriptions which are courtly active are tied to the devices serial number along with the ownership of any other maps you have added in addition to the original map.

When you do a full Reset of the Device it will delete all your Data returning it to how it was out of the box except the Software and maps on it will not be affected along with the current Subscriptions. Whoever gets the unit can add it to their Tomtom account and it should continue to have the live services etc until the expiry date.

You should note that some Start 25 devices have been declared obsolete and so when the Live services and any map update subscriptions expire they cannot be renewed. You can check here if you device is one of the Start 25 units affected.

https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9508/kw/what tomtom do I have

Doug
  • FresianLoverFresianLover Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi @DougLap!
    Thank you very much for your fast reply! Very appreciated!
    Hi @FresianLover

Your welcome

Doug