Couple of queries - running metrics and split times — TomTom Community

Couple of queries - running metrics and split times

Cranester1983Cranester1983 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hi all,

I have a Spark 3 watch and I've not been able to figure a couple of things out - hope you can help.

1. When I'm on a run, the distance and pace are displayed in pace per mile and mile distances, even though i've selected KM in the metrics in the main menu - can anyone advise how I can change this to KM pace?

2. When I've completed a run - like today, I did 12.63km in 1h02 - but I wanted to see what my 5 & 10k split times were - but I couldn't figure out how to access this in the app - is this possible?

Any advice you can give, gratefully appreciated!

Thanks

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,326
    Superusers
    On the first one, the metrics are displayed based on the metric selected in the watch settings. Press down and go to Options>Units and make sure it is set for one of the KM choices (KM/KG or KM/LBS) and press right after selecting it. Also make sure it is set correctly on the Settings on MySports as whatever is there will override what is set on the watch.

For the second, there is no way to see split times for a set distance as that is not what a split is. Splits are automatic based on either the km or mile and are not customizable. What you can do is set it to lap at 5km (press down from the activity Go screen and select training>Laps>Distance and set it for 5k) and you will then see a laps tab in MySports which will show you the time for the 5k lap (which will be doubled for 10k).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Dale_McDale_Mc Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    So, you can't change the Split distance, if you use laps, can you still use all other watch functions at the same time? Eg, if you use laps, can you also use zones at the same time, or can you use laps and the race function at the same time?
    Thanks.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,326
    Superusers
    Dale_Mc wrote: »
    So, you can't change the Split distance, if you use laps, can you still use all other watch functions at the same time? Eg, if you use laps, can you also use zones at the same time, or can you use laps and the race function at the same time?
    Thanks.

No, laps is a training mode and you can only use one training mode at a time, so it is laps or zones or race, not a mix of them.