iPhone is connected to car Bluetooth, I lose the voice. Please advice what setting to adjust? — TomTom Community

iPhone is connected to car Bluetooth, I lose the voice. Please advice what setting to adjust?

mdahlmanmdahlman Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
as soon as my iphone is connected to car bluetooth I lose the voice. Please advice what setting to adjust
Tagged:

Comments

• bigbig Posts: 1,602 Superuser
    From which device do you lose the voice? From your profile it appears you refer to the mobile app -- that's a different section of the forum.

But off-hand, if voice is being re-directed to the car, is the proper input selected and the volume turned up? What if you turn off bluetooth -- does the voice return to the handset?
  • Ade2Ade2 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Ialso have this problem. No sound from my Iphone 6 when using the sat nav ap Tom Tom Go. If I turn off bluetooth on the phone the voiv=ce directions can then be heard.
  • gr4zgr4z Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    +1
    I get this as well. Pls fix TomTom.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,968 Superuser
    Hi @gr4z

On the odd occasion despite the volumes all having been set to max prior to attaching the phone for Carplay it has been found that when connected when you expect some directions to be given and there is no sound that if you press the Up Volume button the problem has been resolved.

Doug
  • gr4zgr4z Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi @DougLap
    Tried this but it didnt work. The only way I can resume voice playback is to restart the phone. I did notice when it does fail, you cannot select any of the options in the voice settings page, such as 'read aloud early instructions', they are simply not there. Reboot the phone and they reappear.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,968 Superuser
    Hi @gr4z

I suggest you contact Customer Support and report this and see if they can advise you of a solution.. As you do not indicate in your profile which country you are in here is a link to the Customer Support Numbers.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1115662/phone-numbers-to-contact-customer-support-new

Do not answer the questions but wait for an agent to ring.

Doug