Family sharing with GO Navigation subscription — TomTom Community

Family sharing with GO Navigation subscription

PeGe1000PeGe1000 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
Hi there!
I have a working subscription! Since a few weeks however my wife (with whom I share an Apple family account) cannot login anymore. We tried both her Apple login as well as the existing login codes. TomTom says: ‘subscription has expired’. Does someone know what is happening here? There’s no TomTom helpdesk..... (at least I can’t find it. When I try to send a message TomTom says: ‘we don’t know a subscription with your email address!’
Help, please, Peter

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,142 Moderator
    Hi Peter,

Welcome to the Community! At first, subscriptions cannot be shared under Family Sharing: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203046

I see that your account has the subscription which will expire in March 2020. Are you sure you are login on the App with the email address which you used to sign-in on the forum? Perhaps get in touch with Apple support to clarify this, see here: https://support.apple.com/billing

Regards, lampard
  • CoenoxCoenox Posts: 15 [Apprentice Traveler]
    For me this is - after still not being able to import routes in the iOS version of TomTom Go - the reason to say goodbye to TomTom. I had a year subscription wich I could share with my wife and daughters. They logged in with my account. Now subscriptions are in the hands of Apple and this doesn't work anymore. We are forced to take four separate subscriptions. It ends here for us. We are switching to another app. Thank you TomTom for many years and goodbye.
    Hi there,

Apple recently announced that App Store subscriptions (like GO Navigation subscriptions) can be shared in Family Sharing groups with iOS 14. We wanted to let you know that we plan to implement this functionality as soon as iOS 14 is available. For more information please visit https://www.apple.com/ios/ios-14-preview/features/

Regards, lampard
  • RicoKRicoK Posts: 147 [Supreme Navigator]
    @lampard Nice, very nice! Can't hardly wait for it ;)
  • Val6627Val6627 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi we now both have IOS 14 but still can’t share the app 🙁 it doesn’t seem to be shareable, How can we do this please?

Thanks
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,224
    Superuser
    Hi @Val6627

As @lampard has stated it is Tomtom's intention to facilitate Family Sharing. Now that IOS14 has been released in another post it was advised that there was still some work to be done by Tomtom to enable the facility. The post added that they are not able to state exactly when this will occur..

Doug
  • Val6627Val6627 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I’ve just found out from Apple that it’s not yet shareable so I guess that confirms it. Hope Tom Tom make the change needed soon. It always used to be shareable so a as bit disappointing now 😔
    Hi @Val6627

Have a look at the latest update here from Jürgen about the family sharing.

Best, lampard
  • TheGodBadgerTheGodBadger Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Hi Everyone,
    I’m unsure of the dates for these previous posts so just want to ask once more.
    As at September 29th 2020 - is the TomTomGo IOS App ready for family sharing?
    We have a subscription paid on one device and want to get the App on my wife’s phone without paying twice.
    Thanks.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,224
    Superuser
    Hi @TheGodBadger

Tomtom stated that with the Introduction of IOS 14 they would make the family Sharing facility available. The other day Tomtom posted acknowledgement of the issue of IOS14 but said that they still have some work to do to enable family Sharing on their App. They were not able to give a timescale for when the update to facilitate the sharing would be released.

Doug
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0