TomTom Home & MacOS X Catalina - Page 2 — TomTom Community

TomTom Home & MacOS X Catalina

Answers

• hg135hg135 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    2 weeks into Catalina and I'm still unable to update my TomTom. They have known about Mac moving to 64 bit for 3 years now! And yet they are only just saying they are working on a fix.

Very disappointing. This is the only software I have that has not updated yet. You'd think when you're paying £50 a year to have updated maps they'd make any effort to ensure you are able to keep the maps updated.
  • BaselobserverBaselobserver Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Hello TomTom, is there anybody out there ? :# When will you fix the 32/64-bit-problem for your TomTom Home-App, which does not run any more under MacOS Catalina???
  • nosedaddynosedaddy Posts: 0 [New Traveler]
    I've recently updated my iMac computer system to OS 10.15 (Catalina) and now my TomTom home application on the computer won't work and needs updating, but I can't find anywhere on your site to get an update. Grateful if someone could point me in the right direction.
  • nosedaddynosedaddy Posts: 0 [New Traveler]
    Since updating my computer to Mac OS X 10.5 (Catalina), my tomtom home application on my computer won't work, and I can't find a way to update it. Grateful for any advice. I've looked everywhere I can think of on your website, but can't find anything about Tomtom Hime'
  • eavroeavro Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Same here.. can TomTom give an update by now? We are waiting to update our devices..
  • pjacspjacs Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Same here - come on tomtom - sort this out
  • SnowySelSnowySel Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I had to get hold of a cheap Windows laptop to update my Carminat tomtom device, which needs updates every so often with GPSfix issues. Come on TomTom, sort this out and have some loyalty to your Mac customers, you are quick to take our payments, different altogether then isnt it?
  • nielsvwnielsvw Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hi @IanRoberts

Our developers are aware of this issue and we are looking to release a new version to resolve this bug.

We expect a fix for this soon.

Regards
    Vikram :)

@VikramK could you give an update on when you expect the fix? I would like to update my Macbook tot OS Catalina and also be able to keep using TomTom Home.

Thanks.
  • nielsvwnielsvw Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Still no known release date @VikramK ?
  • hg135hg135 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    So TomTom Home has been totally redundant on my Mac for a month now. I've been left unable to install updates which I have paid for. This is disgraceful and proof that TomTom does not care about its Mac users.
  • IanRobertsIanRoberts Posts: 9 [Master Explorer]
    ...maybe someone with a social media account (I don't) should start a campaign to alert potential future TomTom customers of this issue and the lack of concern that TomTom seem to have.....
  • PeeGee69PeeGee69 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Still nothing? This is keeping me from updating now for over a month...
    Already tried updating via windows 10, but there also bugging software
  • glynannableglynannable Posts: 0 [Apprentice Seeker]
    hi my tom tom home will not open and keeps saying it needs updating by manufacturer I am using a MacBook with Mac OS Catalina version 10.15.1 yet I get the same message after downloading the latest from the site.
  • Bert1959Bert1959 Posts: 9 [Master Traveler]
    Thanks TomTom, but no thanks.

we are over a month in Catalina and during this period you were not able to fix the 64bit problem or ome up with a new version of Mydrive. This is not the first time I am having an issue with TomTom and yes, the first time was a bluetooth problem. My Device could not handle a connection with a Bluetooth5 phone. So how is this?

Can we say you have issues with new technology? Or that you just don't care about the apple-users among your customers.

Shame on you!!!!
  • j_roger_newj_roger_new Posts: 225 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    edited November 2019
    In common with my wife we both have Iphones. The latest updates of the IOS by Apple mean that our TomTom can no longer get Live Traffic as the bluetooth won't connect. Add in the Catalina update and the roughly 12 month old TT we own is 50% obsolete. When are the upgrades from 32 to 64 bit coming, three-years notice by Apple means it should have been 64 bit when we bought it to replace our old device YOU had rendered obsolete.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,142
    Superuser
    Hi @j_roger_new

What TT model do you have.

Doug
  • Fulvia73Fulvia73 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Any news on the 64bit version of TomTome Home, my device is becoming rather out of date no updates for the last month or more since upgrading my iMac?
  • Bert1959Bert1959 Posts: 9 [Master Traveler]
    Who starts a class-act?
  • ReilinghReilingh Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Maybe TomTom should think about somekind of compensation for their users that weren't able to update for so long. I'm waiting to update my car navigation for weeks now too.
  • NHBobNHBob Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    "singing" Still waiting after all these years =)
  • bitsetd4dbitsetd4d Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Is there any way to track the availability of the 64 bit version? I'm stuck needing to update and can't do so. Is there a beta? Happy to try it out
  • eavroeavro Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    So no fix after all? Then just say so. This is getting a bit ridiculous.
  • HansGrimmHansGrimm Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    They knew about this issue when the first Catalina beta came out. So they were asleep at the wheel, not caring, truly incompetent, or all of the above.

COME ON!!! Write that update already!
  • bayanbayan Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    I paid for the map updates, and now I cannot install them. Am I entitled for refund?
  • Jasa66Jasa66 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    I have also asked my money back. Paid for the map updates on September but cannot used it at all. This is totally distaster and my last TomTom navigator. There are also companies that are willing to help paying customers - TomTom is not one of those.