GO Mobile App crashing on startup (loading map) — TomTom Community

GO Mobile App crashing on startup (loading map)

rael_gcrael_gc Posts: 11 [Legendary Explorer]
I've installed a Android head unit in my car (Android 8, px5 processor, 2GB RAM). I can access Play Store with my Google Account and download new stuff over wifi/3G.

It has installed Google Play Services (latest version) and Google Search too, but not all Google services (like Gmail, Games, Books, Movies, etc).

I was able to install other applications from Play Store.

I tried to install TomTom Navigation and Go Brazil. The first crashes before trying to load any map, the second made me download the Brazil map, but the result is the same: both crashes in the loading screen.

I tried a lot of solutions described here: remove SD cards, reinstall after remove all the software, etc, etc. None worked.

I'm wondering if I'm missing any other required piece of software or any other requirement.

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 4,336 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @rael_gc

Welcome to the Community! We do not support installation on Android head-unit/In-Dash system.

The Mirroring of the app on in-dash system is only supported with the GO Navigation app on selected Toyota Yaris models in Brazil.

Regards, lampard
  • rael_gcrael_gc Posts: 11 [Legendary Explorer]
    Ok, thanks for the clarification.

For those, like me, trying to install non pirated versions of offline GPS apps (i.e., install and purchase official content from Google Play Store):

- iGO: no official support for head units (it works, but will not give directions while in background);
    - TomTom: crash at startup
    - Sygic: works
    Just tested the NDS version of Tomtom and it worked in release 1.3.33. The current version, 1.3.34 crash on map loading too.
    I've said 1.3.34, but I was meaning 1.3.4.

I tried with 1.5.3: it installs, but the car icon (triangle) doesn't move smoothly in the map. It moves like in hiccups (moves few milliseconds, stop, move more few milliseconds, stop).