Rider 550 2019 not showing speed cameras or danger zones — TomTom Community

Rider 550 2019 not showing speed cameras or danger zones

ReddedRedded Posts: 9 [Apprentice Seeker]
My Satnav is not showing any cameras in the UK or danger zones in France at all. It has just cost me 45€ for missing one when I was over the speed limit. Am I missing something here? Am i going to have to buy a smart phone in order for my Tomtom to do what my Garmin does natively? I read somewhere that traffic needs a phone to function. If it's the same for cameras, then I have bought the wrong device :(
Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• ReddedRedded Posts: 9 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thank you for your reply.
    TomTom keep quite about that in the publicity for the device. This is ridiculous and explains why TomTom is cheaper than Garmin, which provides all this without connecting to wifi. As I don't have a compatible phone with data, I have a SatNav with no speed cameras. Most disappointed in this device.
    Yippee!! Thanks YamFazMan. It's well hidden, but thanks to you, I've got it.
    That'll save my battery a bit. I'd rather they put the seed cameras in the map as POI, like Garmin, but this will work better than WiFi for a longer trip. I'll test it tomorrow on a 9H trip. Will the battery last???
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,663
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Redded

You're welcome, glad you're sorted :)

For a general improvement using the Tomtom Speed Cam Database over the default settings
    Always use a Computer voice...
    Serena or Malcolm here in the UK
    Also....
    From the main screen... Tap (.... Menu) -> Setting -> Sounds & Warnings...
    Set... 'Warning Type' to... Read Allowed... (Important... Needs a Computer Voice set in the Voices menu)
    Speed Cameras & Hazards... Set to ON
    The next 10 Setting ALL set to Always
    The next 4 Settings ALL set to ON
    Now after the normal Warning double 'Ding'
    The device will now 'Say' the name of the Warning ....
    'Fixed Camera'
    'Mobile Hot Spot'
    'Red-light Camera'
    'Accident Black-spots
    ‘Spoken Traffic delays’

Speed Cams
    If you keep a check on the Traffic-bar... The device gives you a visual Warning of the next Fixed or Mobile Speed Camera many miles before you reach the camera
    93197384-69ec-4f9d-b7ae-f68a6f82ffae.jpg
    ATB YFM
    I'm connected to BT, but Data for traffic services : Unable to connect :'(
    Gone back to WiFi and it works. Sooooo frustrating!
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Redded

On the latest NAV5 (Wi-Fi Devices) When you are setting up your Bluetooth... Turn off your Wi-Fi on the device or go out of range of your Wi-Fi (The Wi-Fi will take priority over your Bluetooth traffic connection)

Turning off Wi-Fi... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Wi-Fi... Tap on your Wi-Fi's Name (Screen top left)
    Tap Modify --> Forget
    Follow on-screen instructions to finish

Turn-off/Forget WI-Fi on the Rider 550... Only turn Wi-fi on to up date the device
    The Wi-Fi will take priority over your Bluetooth traffic connection

ATB YFM

I did turn off wifi. But as BT won't give me data through the hotspot, I've put it back to wifi.
    Superusers
    edited July 2019
    Hi
    @Redded

Nokia 625 Widows 10 Phone

(1)... Bluetooth... Paired my Nokia 625 & Rider 550 = Connected
    (2)... Mobile + SIM = ON
    (3)... Internet sharing Bluetooth = ON....

Rider 550....
    Wi-Fi = Turn-Off
    Turning off Wi-Fi... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Wi-Fi... Tap on your Wi-Fi's Name (Screen top left)
    Tap Modify --> Forget
    Follow on-screen instructions to finish....

Rider 550 Bluetooth Menu showing Nokia 625 & Rider 550 connected
    ddaueot5kem9.jpg

ktaigi8eukmb.jpg

waolkpcnq7m1.jpg
    ATB YFM
    I give up with this thing. Now as I get to the connect BT to a phone, the Rider reboots/goes back to the maps page. It does both randomly. I have even reset the device. I'll try again next week. I have to get up early tomorrow for a long ride. It'll just have to stay on WiFi until the battery dies on my phone for this trip.

Thanks for all your help and patience. I now know what I have to do.
  • aleeza06aleeza06 Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    hi my tomtom 510 go is not shwing speeds cameras i have checked the settings and all is turned on so is there a issue with speed cameras or it it my device please advise thank you
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,140 Moderator
    Hi @aleeza06

I see that on your device, only 'Andorra' speed camera's are installed that too old one's. Can you connect your device to MyDrive and update the latest safety camera's for the countries you want? Once you install these, give it a test run and check.

Regards, lampard
  • aleeza06aleeza06 Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    hi lampard thanks this is now fixed dont know why my speed cameras were uninstalled it was a easy fix many thanks once again