TomTom GO 500 "update failed" — TomTom Community

TomTom GO 500 "update failed"

jmplanckaertjmplanckaert Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
my tomtom go 500 won't update the core software Nav4. I tried 3 different computers all without firewal. I tried a different internet connection, all without any result.

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,439 Superuser
    HI @jmplanckaert

In what way does it fail. Will the GO 500 not connect or does the update fail to load onto the unit.

Doug
  • xwintechxwintech Posts: 78 [Supreme Navigator]
    Hi, jmplanckaert!
    If you have a problem like this
    74a4kr4ai4nf.png
    3e731hp4pmwb.png
    It looks like there is an issue with everybody.
    Try this steps:
    1. Uninstall MyDrive Connect using RevoUninstaller (https://revouninstaller.com)
    2. If you are using Windows then:
    2.1 Open Run (Win+R)
    2.2 Type %temp% and press Enter
    2.3 A folder will open, select all (CTRL+A) and delete everything (SHIFT+DELETE)
    If some folder or files don't get deleted then skip them
    3. Reboot the computer
    4. Download and install MyDrive Connect (https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/mydrive-connect)
    5. Sign in to your account and connect your navigation device
    6. Try to update your device

If the option above worked, mark this as an answer, thanks!
  • jmplanckaertjmplanckaert Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    first of all, thanks for the reply.

i tried revo uninstaller and deleting the temp files. it did not solve the problem. i removed my antivirus software and disabled all firewalls just to be sure.

@DougLap the update fails sending it to the unit.

any idea is welcome.
    Hi, @jmplanckaert !
    Glad to hear from you again. So @YamFazMan recommended me to sign out and re-signin to MyDrive Connect. I did it once but it didn't work. But for some reason one day later when I tried it again, it worked! The update was installed and newer updates are installing. So you may try that. Hope this helps.
    @xwintech i tried 3 different computers and another internet connection. the support in Belgium just didn't have more info than this forrum. what to do??
    Hmm... so let's see... There is a banner in the TomTom homepage (not support page) that "Some users may experience issues with MyDrive Connect, TomTom is working actively to solve this issue." or soemthing like that
    Maybe the actual option is to... just wait... :+1:
    thanks for your time. let's hope the solution is close.
    Yeah, you are right. :-)
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,439 Superuser
    edited May 21
    Hi @jmplanckaert

If you log in to your account on the MyDrive Website do you see all you data ie Favourites (My Places) a s well as all the POI you have added to your Unit and the Routes created on My Drive and synced to My Routes on your GO 500.

If they are all there then I would do a Factory Reset which will delete all the above Data from the GO500 but will retain your maps and operating software as they are at the moment. Once you have done the Factory Reset and input your account details on it then connect it to your PC with MyDrive running so that it will sync your data. onto the unit.

When it has restored everything then hold the ON/OFF button down for about 20 second until you hear the Drumroll sound then let the button go.

Once it has restarted then connected to the PC again with MDC software running and see if it now is able to accept the Navcore update.

The Factory Reset is

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap System
    Tap Reset Device
    Tap Ok

Hope this provides a solution. You have tried to sort MDC out this tries to sort out any problem with the unit itself.

Doug