Renault Carminat Saying “problem with map you cannot use this map with this device” — TomTom Community

Renault Carminat Saying “problem with map you cannot use this map with this device”

Luke_newton9Luke_newton9 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited September 21 in Built in car navigation
Whenever I put the SD card into the Car the screen is telling me “problem with map you cannot use this map with this device” is there anyway of fixing this issue.

Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,351
    Superuser
    Hi @Luke_newton9

Hopefully @lampard can help you tomorrow and sort your map out.

Doug
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,888 Moderator
    Hi @Luke_newton9

Welcome to the Community! You already have the maps to download on your device, simply follow the public FAQ here to redownload them.

Hope this helps!

Regards, lampard
  • Luke_newton9Luke_newton9 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi thanks for replying and helping me out but I’ve followed all the steps and now I’ve got non of the maps downloaded I’ve only got voices and quickGPSfix Data on the SD?

Superuser
    Hi @Luke_newton9

You will probably need to wait for @lampard and he will not be back on until Tuesday.

Doug
  • Luke_newton9Luke_newton9 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Just gone on now and it was all there inserted SD Card into car and is all up and working now. Thank you so much for your help guys I appreciate it a lot thanks.
  • symbolsymbol Posts: 14 [Master Explorer]
    Hi i had to replace my carminat and the replacement is giving me CAN NOT USE THIS MAP WITH THIS DEVICE.. any idea what needs to be done pls?
    Superuser
    edited September 19
    Hi @symbol

Lets see if @VikramK can sort your map out for you on Monday. Look back then

Just to confirm are you saying that you have replaced the base unit and you are trying to insert and use the Map from the previous unit

Doug
    Hi,

Thanks alot for your immediate reply. The unit had to be replaced yes. I bought the maps of europe for the previous one hoping i can use it for this one aswell since the old one is now damaged

Regards
    Ian
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,433 Moderator
    Hi @symbol

Welcome to the community!

Could you send me the serial numbers of both devices through a private message, please? I am not sure and so I can't promise if an exception would be possible here.

Maps are not transferrable...

Thanks, Vikram
    Hi @VikramK

Done. I just sent you a private message.

Thanks for you help and reply. Much appreciated

Regards
  • Cjb28Cjb28 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited September 30
    Hi I am also a Renault scenic user and just bought the UK map update and it's saying cannot use map on this device. I have a Carminat TomTom LIVE serial number starting ib which says it's compatible.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,433 Moderator
    Hi @Cjb28

Welcome to the community! Could you try removing the map from the device using TomTom HOME. If you have a backup stored on the computer then delete that as well.

Once done, check for fresh map updates...

Regards, Vikram