Keyboard calibration out on Start 52 — TomTom Community

Keyboard calibration out on Start 52

I am having problems with my Start 52 device.

The keyboard is totally out of calibration with what I press. Some buttons are one to the right, for example pressing A gives S. Others are two out (Q/E). Others go above (X becomes F). The back arrow and menu presses have to be on the very left edge of the screen.

Is there a way this can be fixed? I have tried to reset the device, but this hasn't worked.

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,182
    Superuser
    Hi @WallaceEMann

When you say a reset do you mean a soft reset where you hold the On/Off button down or a Reset Device in Settings/System.

Doug
  • WallaceEMannWallaceEMann Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    Using System -> Settings
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,182
    Superuser
    Hi @WallaceEMann

Okay that is a Factory Reset. If you have a Screensaver on the device then I suggest you remove it, If that does not resolve it you could very carefully run something very thin under the rim edge to make sure there is not something that has got between the Rim and the screen which can cause this sort of problem.

If that does not work then either you need to contact Customer support to see if they have any ideas or wait until early next week when one of the mods may have some suggestions unless one of the other contributors here has a suggestion.

As you have not indicated where you are in your profile here is a list of all the customer support numbers.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1115662/phone-numbers-to-contact-customer-support-new

If you ring them do not answer the questions but wait until an agent answers.

Doug
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,668
    Superusers
    edited October 2019
    Hi
    @WallaceEMann

The Start 52 is a NAV4 Device you/we have no access to the Operating System like on the early NAV2 Models, so there is nothing you/we can do to calibrate the screen

As Doug says a badly fitted Screen saver film can cause problems

ATB YFM