Unable to get a valid gps signal on the GO 930 TomTom — TomTom Community

Unable to get a valid gps signal on the GO 930 TomTom

Hi

I have just carried out the updates for my GO 930 as instructed but still am unable to get a GPS Signal can anyone help with this?

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,136
    Superuser
    Hi @stephenjm

Try the following.

Charge the unit for at least 2 hours or find a way to have the unit on charge whilst doing this.

Go outside well away from Buildings and Trees etc so you have a clear view of the Sky all around. Turn the unit on and when working Hold the ON/OFF button down for about 20 seconds or so until you hear the Drumroll sound then let the Button go.

Now create a route on the device and get it ready to direct you to the destination. Now leave the unit still for 30 minutes or so to see if it now locks onto the Sats. It has been noted that placing it on a car roof seems to help.

All the best

Doug.
  • stephenjmstephenjm Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Thanks Doug i'll give it a try
  • tiljestiljes Posts: 249 [Exalted Navigator]
    Best would be to update the firmware of the GPS chip. But that is not officially supported by TomTom. You can use Google to find information regarding this.
  • Smurf_Tom_2005Smurf_Tom_2005 Posts: 47 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    Hi @stephenjm

what you need is the unofficial GPS Upgrade Sirf3 GWS3.2.5 or GWS3.6.0
    with it I have already flashed several Navi's successfully. It can be found on a German forum.
    Search with Google for: Universal Upgrade GSW3.2.5TT3 & GWS3.6.0 GPS Chip_SIRF-III