Can't get reset cogwheel — TomTom Community

Can't get reset cogwheel

dtickledtickle Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
I have a GO 6200 wifi and it has crashed showing the red cross.
I tried connecting it to my computer but had no joy as it just kept saying it was restoring my device then when it had finished did a start up and went back to red cross!
I have followed the instructions on how to get it into recovery mode, get the white text up and then press the power button 3 times fast but no matter how many times I try to do it I can not get the cog to come up it just keeps coming up with the red cross! I am getting very frustrated with this and would appreciate any help whatsoever.

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 4,477 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @dtickle

Sorry about my late reply! This is a bit tricky, I pushed some changes to force a recovery mode on your device. Please make a soft reset and try to update it again, see if it works after that.

Otherwise, please get in touch with our support and they'll be able to assist you further.

Regards, lampard
  • dtickledtickle Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    thanks Lampard,
    I thought I might have got somewhere after that as the bar went all the way across the bottom of the screen when it did the reboot but sadly no back to the red cross once again!
    Hi dtickle,

Sorry to hear that! Please get in touch with our support and they'll be able to help you further.

Regards, lampard
    Hi dtickle,

Sorry to hear that! Please get in touch with our support and they'll be able to help you further.

Regards, lampard
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,957 Superuser
    Hi @dtickle

Customer Support

United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

Doug