TomTom home install puts in version 2..8, but then forces install of 2.20.1.1239 which will not run - Page 4 — TomTom Community

TomTom home install puts in version 2..8, but then forces install of 2.20.1.1239 which will not run

124»

Comments

• notborisnotboris Posts: 16 [Outstanding Explorer]
    @YazFazMan

I think you have totally missed the point of my last post. I and others went through all that which you have linked to again, it did not work for them or me. So please lets not tread old water as it may confuse other users in regard to what I was trying to get across to them in my last post.

To those users who are still running the troublesome TomTom Home version 2.11.8.600. TomTom should have given us the instruction to first delete the 32.bit version 2.11.8.600 before then installing the 64-bit version 2.20.2.1257 They did not and caused the problem we have all encounted.

Once you install as above you will be running the latest version of TTH applicable to your sat nav. It will perform as TomTom intends it to perform. It's achillies heel is to keep your sat nav up todate with the latest QuickGPSfix it requires you to connect to TomTom Home every 7 days. There is a unofficial firmware fix that eliminates that need forever...read on
    hello notboris
    With your GO520, you will still have the problem of getting a sat fix.
    connect your Navi to the PC, open the directory of your Navi and then search the file "ttgo.bif"
    You open this with a text editor, for example: Notepad
    and if you still in the GPS firmware version: GSW3.2.4TT_3.1.00.12-C35B1.02
    then you need the unofficial GPS upgrade Sirf3 GWS3.2.5 or GWS3.6.0
    So I've flashed several sat navs successfully. It can be found in a German forum.
    renewed Sat fix after the standby within a few seconds. QuickGPSfix every 7 days, is no longer necessary.

This is a very good upgrade, which Tomtom unfortunately was not able to do (or wanted), but the Germans did it again.
    for TT GO 510, GO 520, GO 630, GO 710, GO 720, GO 730, GO 715, GO 910, GO 920, GO 930, ONE, ONE 2nd Edition, ONE 3Rd (v7), GO 7000 Truck, Rider 1+ 2
    search with Google for: Universal Upgrade GSW3.2.5TT3 & GWS3.6.0 GPS Chip_SIRF-III

@YamFazMan

I sorry if I came over abit sharp, but your post was addressed to me and I had already informed you your fix does not work for me and others (and defo not a case of me being incapable of making it work as you imply)

That said I'm glad your installed version is working for your Nav. I'm on the version TomTom knows works for my GO520 so we are both happy
    @LAURE123

your comments taken on board, I do appreciate we are all trying to help each other.
  • BLHBLH Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited October 24
    Hi! I'm a newbie to this forum.

I have a TomTom XXL 550. I tried LAURE123's solution for EOL devices. I installed TTH 2.20.2.1257, which was a direct download. When started, it did not try to do the forced update. So far, so good.

Unfortunately, it still hangs when running TTH :'( I tried running it natively as Windows 10 but also program compatibility mode with Windows 7 and Windows 8.

Before I found this forum, I had tried sending to support. I don't know if you can access it but my ticket is at incident number 191023-xxxxxxx. I haven't gotten any response :/

Any idea what I should try now?
  • VSDVSD Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    I wonder, where @VikramK is. He is from Tomtom and adressed these items to his team.
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hello Everyone..

I am sorry for responding so late.

I have been gathering the different scenarios and reporting them to our team. We also want to get it resolved asap.

I tried to install the current version 2.11, after that 2.20.2.1257 was installed with no incidents. I did not run in the circuit.
    But there are a lot of problems:
    After restart of Windows this TomTomHome-Version is no longer in the autostart folder. Therefore this program does not start automatically, if I connect my GO930 with the PC, even if I had selected this in the properties. I have to start it manually.
    If I eject the Go930, the device restarts and immediately reconnects to TomTomhome without asking. I need to pull the cable to interrupt this.
  • SideWinderSideWinder Posts: 21 [Master Traveler]
    Come on TOMTOM! Where is the fix for this crapola! By default your making a whole bunch of devices outdated! Give me my GPS updates like I need, to keep me locked onto an up-to-date location. You crapped my device (and many others) and no-one is here to update us or fix the problem.

For the record, a few years ago you cut the partial maps for USA (that opens up a lot of memory for those of us limited in funds to 'upgrade' to very expensive newer devices with much more memory) and now your crapping the TTH2 software that keeps our GPS fixes current. No one commented (from TOMTOM) since the 14th (two weeks now), where is VicramK??? Where is the update from TomTom tech that is supposed to be updating this fix/fiasco???
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,195 Superusers
    edited October 29
    Hi
    @SideWinder
    @VSD
    Here are two Options you may want to try...

Option...(1)
    notboris wrote: »
    Right I have finally cracked it and I am running and able to access version 2.20.2.1257

I will now explain what I actually did, its easy really, you will kick yourselves. It is not the fix YamFazMan suggested but because of YamFazMan's input it led me to finding the fix, so big thanks for that YamFazMan.

Right, after my two attempts to fix the problem as outlined in my 6.02pm post. I was at the point where I had installed on my PC TomTom version 2.11.8.600 which if you attempted to run it, it insists you update to version 2.20.2.1257 but just aborts on a loop. Now that installed version 2.11.8.600 was sporting the earlier doctored application.ini file to Version 2.9.99.999 so that alteration to the application.ini file altered nothing.

The above is just to show you how I got to where I am now.

HERE IS THE FIX.
    I had my TomTom in its updating cradle connected to the PC.
    I fired up TomTom Home clicked on the "critical update" link and as soon as I saw the file download had finished, I closed the program via "Task Manager"
    I then uninstalled TomTomHome ......so version 2.11.8.600 was no more.
    I opened the download folder and clicked on version 2.20.2.1257

And thats it, it installed and updated my satnav which is now sporting the latest "mapshares" and the latest "Quick GPfix" version. 1566978324

Option... (2)
    Maybe worth a try.... This works for me....
    I can install all of the updates that Tomtom allow for my EoL NAV2 Start device....
    Note... Using this option you will be running a modified version 2_9_91_411 that doesn't call for the latest problematic update to be installed
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    Modify Tomtom Home to use older version of tomtom Home... (Mabe usefull for End of Life TomtomDevices with No further map or other updates)

(1)… Uninstall TomTom Home
    (2)… Download last "good" version 2_9_91_411 from.... http://download.tomtom.com/sweet/application/releases/v2_9_91_411_win.exe

(3)… Install it without running....
    ie, un-check the 'Run Home' tick box when installation completes

(4)... Using Windows Explorer, navigate to
    C:\Program Files\TomTom HOME 2\xul (32 bit Windows)
    or
    C:\Program Files (x86)\TomTom HOME 2\xul (64 bit Windows)
    and find application.ini file
    (5)… Edit application.ini file (you might need admin privileges) and modify "Version=2.9.91.411" to "Version=2.99.99.999"
    (6)… Run TomTom Home. It will believe to be running latest version 2.99.99.999 and therefore not pull the update
    ATB YFM
  • BLHBLH Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I am responding to my own post. I worked with support. It turns out that I had to delete my existing map before proceeding with the installation. I thought that the installation was supposed to automatically delete the old version. So, this may have been user error; at this point, I can't go back and check. In either case, I don't think that it should have just hung.
    BLH wrote: »
    Hi! I'm a newbie to this forum.

I have a TomTom XXL 550. I tried LAURE123's solution for EOL devices. I installed TTH 2.20.2.1257, which was a direct download. When started, it did not try to do the forced update. So far, so good.

Unfortunately, it still hangs when running TTH :'( I tried running it natively as Windows 10 but also program compatibility mode with Windows 7 and Windows 8.

Before I found this forum, I had tried sending to support. I don't know if you can access it but my ticket is at incident number 191023-xxxxxxx. I haven't gotten any response :/

Any idea what I should try now?

YamFazMan
    Superusers
    October 29
    edited October 29
    Hi
    @SideWinder
    @VSD
    Here are two Options you may want to try...

YFM

As I said in earlier posts, I want the FIX from TomTom support people like was said in the posts earlier. I do not want to 'jimmy' any install to 'make' it work. We deserve TomTom support to FIX this glitch so we can use our devices as intended. If I 'uninstall' TTH2, will the new version work on my win10 Pro PC like TTH2 worked before? Someone from TomTom should come in here and advise since it crapped from the software they provided (and we must use).

I am only asking TTH2 techs to fix what they broke. Is that too much to ask?

Come on TomTom! It has been 2 months since this problem has been identified!

Seems like it isn't a priority on YOUR end?

Prove me wrong and supply a FIX sanctioned by TomTom!
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,213 TomTom Moderator
    Hello all

I wanted to share some installation advise for TomTom HOME and how we can install different version. Hope it helps...

Home 2 Client (2.11.8.600) Download and Installation

1. Navigate to Installing TomTom HOME page (Installing TomTom HOME)
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7448

2. Download and Install the latest version (2.11.8.600) of Home 2 Client Application by clicking the -Download link

3. Launch the TomTom HOME application by checking Launch TomTom HOME checkbox

1gj5gnb298ah.png

Home 2 Client Installation through v2.11.8.600 (EOL Devices)

1. Launch the TomTom HOME application and Connect an EOL device and wait for detection

okiajzi1y4us.png

2. Click Download New Version in the popup
    82dsyapuomlc.png

3. Wait for Download process to complete

gicom44v06db.png

4. Once the download is complete, click Run. If you accidentally close the Download
    complete window, locate the file TomTomHOME2win.exe on your computer and double-click it.

g8lajy2244zi.png

Home 2 Client (2.20.2.1257) installation steps

1. Select Language and Click OK in the Installer language popup

7hqu3fdpieb5.png

2. Click Next

h531ie14mio1.png

3. To accept the terms in the license agreement, select the box, then click Next

s5g3ccsw6rp1.png

4. Click Next to install to the standard installation folder, or click Change to install to a different folder.

0qda2n8m2vv8.png

5. Click install

o2kbg6he5igp.png

6. Installation process should start as shown below:

2s71gardoo0v.png

Note: This will uninstall the Home 2 Client (if present) and migrate the properties to the new version of Home 2 Client

7. Select box (Run TomTom HOME) and click Finish

08jnk0pct8gj.png

Home 2 Client Installation through V2.20.1.1239

1. New version of the application (if any) will start downloading and the below screen will be displayed

ade73ztkzt1e.png

2. Once download is complete, Installation will start and the below screen will be displayed

m17mkex9yv6s.png

3. Once the download is complete. If you accidentally close the TomTom HOME application, Relaunch the application. Below screen will appear on re-launching TomTom HOME application. Click continue to start the installation

eyaxeg7zcb04.png

Repeat the Home 2 Client (2.20.2.1257) installation steps to complete the Installation process. Click Finish to launch the TomTom HOME application.

uhf9pgcco621.png

Sorry for the lengthy post.........................

Thanks
    Vikram
    Here we go AGAIN! NOW it is WORSE! All files were DELETED/changed in original TTH folder and the .exe failed again to load. SAME OLD $HAM (GET IT). Now, no TTH2 loads on my system, nothing to do now except some hack????? TOMTOM HAS CRAPPED MY DEVICE BY SCREWING UP THE UPDATE AND HAVING NON-OFFICIAL SUGGESTIONS POSTED IN FORUM BY (GET THIS) MODERATORS? WTH IS THE END GAME HERE TOMTOM?

Jeeze, am I CLEAR enough?
    I want an email from someone in charge TomTom! TomTom knows my contact information, email address. In that email I want a tech to walk me through repairing my TTH2 installation. Your damn program screwed my device operation, no hack was performed. All I did was open TTH2 and again followed the prompts. It went from TTH2 ver. 2.11.8.600 , to installing TTH2 ver. 2.11.9, then that opens to another install program ver. 2.20.4.1257. WTH TomTom?
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,195 Superusers
    edited 8:54PM
    Hi
    @SideWinder

Today...
    I uninstalled Tomtom Home2

Then using the Microsoft Edge Browser (See Note...1)
    I followed the instructions and the link in @VikramK Post
    Here...https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1679025/#Comment_1679025
    First I downloaded & installed the offered Home2 v2.11.9.702 (I note you were offered v2.11.8.600 first)

With Tomtom Home2 v2.11.9.702 running
    I connected my EoL NAV2 Start device
    Home 2 recognised my device was EoL and offered the mandatory update

I accepted the update and Home2 v2.20.4.12(6) 7 was installed (I note you were offered v2.20.4.12(5) 7 ???

Home2 v2.20.4.1267 recognises my EoL NAV2 Start device and works as normal for an EoL device....
    Updated GPS Quick Fix without fault

ilsxyb5b482v.jpg
    Note... (1) Using the Firefox and Chrome browsers....
    I could not down load the Home 2 Version 2.11.9.702
    I received the following error message....
    Error BWEB000069: description JBWEB000145: The server encountered an internal error that prevented it from fulfilling this request