Comments

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,664
    Superuser
    Hi @Gazibarev

Fingers crossed. =)=)

Doug
  • GazibarevGazibarev Posts: 95 [Supreme Navigator]
    xy8d7r5ns9b4.jpg

When he saw (Свързан-connected)... am in a mental orgasm. So rarely has this happened. Fingers crossed. 🤣🤣🧐
  • GazibarevGazibarev Posts: 95 [Supreme Navigator]
    NO!!! Again. GPRS Disconnected. I remove every sources of interferences. Nothing. On battery or mounted... NEVER CONNECTED. This morning the satnav establish connection for 30 min... than suddenly lost connection without reason. I try everything. Nothing works. This is a nightmare!!!! 500€ satnav now is a one peace of plastic. I try many times I write many times to support center for help.... and help never came. Congratulations TOMTOM!!!
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,664
    Superuser
    Hi @Gazibarev

Blast! Are you using the supplied cig unit and not plugging the device directly into a USB socket which will not provide a strong enough charge which can result in the unit going into power save mode.

Doug
  • Mantgx500Mantgx500 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Gazibarev wrote: »
    NO!!! Again. GPRS Disconnected. I remove every sources of interferences. Nothing. On battery or mounted... NEVER CONNECTED. This morning the satnav establish connection for 30 min... than suddenly lost connection without reason. I try everything. Nothing works. This is a nightmare!!!! 500€ satnav now is a one peace of plastic. I try many times I write many times to support center for help.... and help never came. Congratulations TOMTOM!!!

Good afternoon, I have the very same issue with my 6250. Its worst Nav I have ever owed, as you said no help from TomTom. Waste of £400. They tried to help by telling me to reset, but it still goes down everyday at least 15 times. Its infuriating.
  • Mantgx500Mantgx500 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @Gazibarev

Fingers crossed. =)=)

Doug

Good afternoon i have had the issue off tomtom6250 with no gprs signal for weeks, i have been onto tomtom who wanted me to send it back.
    Before I send it back I had to purchase another satnav so I bought the older 6200 model.
    I placed the new satnav with the 6250 Dock and it was freezing also.
    I replaced the 6250 dock with the 6200 Dock and everything is working fine both satnavs work perfect now.
    Maybe this will help.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,051
    Superusers
    edited October 9
    Hi
    @Gazibarev
    Gazibarev wrote: »
    Hello @DougLap
    Unfortunately the problem seems to been technical. 2 days ago I opened the device (with expired warranty) unplugged all the connections, cleaned them, and assembled the device. Since then, it has been on, and has not lost the GPRS connection.
    There's no need to fully open the device....
    The SIM cards for the Live NAV3, NAV4 & NAV5 (Wi-Fi) devices are located under concealed flaps and/or stickers in various location on the devices....
    On the NAV5 Wi-Fi devices ... The SIM Card is situated under the sticker bearing the serial number....
    acrlkaji0g4o.jpg
    I think the SIM contacts oxidize over time and removing and replacing the SIM a few times remakes the connection....
    Important tips NAV4 devices see... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1693015/#Comment_1693015

Warning... The above will void your Tomtom guarantee....
    All the usual disclaimers apply, all the above is at your own discretion

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,051
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Mantgx500
    Welcome to the site....
    May be useful Battery/Charging info....
    As you say a USB Lead or a Mount fault could result in the battery being in a low charge state...
    See Bullet point (3) Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1725928/#Comment_1725928

Stay Safe... ATB YFM