Cannot Update My SatNav (Start 52) — TomTom Community

Cannot Update My SatNav (Start 52)

MorganaMorgana Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
Since the beginning of this month I have tried to update my satnav using MyDrive Connect.

MyDrive Connect has frozen at various stages; getting ready, serveral different percentages of download etc. I have had server busy messages, no internet messages (when I am connected to the internet - like now!). I have deleted MyDrive Connect and re-installed it, I have used the suggestions on this forum and tried Revo Uninstaller. Nothing has worked. I cannot update the maps or the speed cameras.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Best Answer

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 4,199 Superuser
    Hi @Morgana

Have you checked the power settings on the PC as they could be set to turn the USB sockets off to save battery life.

Doug
  • MorganaMorgana Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi

Thanks for your reply. I checked and the USBs are fine.

I have just removed MyDrive Connect via Revo Uninstaller (again!), restarted my PC, downloaded MyDrive again, done a soft reset on my SatNav... connected it and immediately got the 'servers busy' message when I tried to install the two updates it says are waiting for my device. When I clicked on retry it asked me to log in again, which I did, and now MyDrive is stuck on getting ready again :(
  • dadi01dadi01 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @Morgana

Have you checked the power settings on the PC as they could be set to turn the USB sockets off to save battery life.

Doug

I have used the suggestions on this forum and tried Revo Uninstaller. Nothing has worked. I cannot update the maps or the speed cameras.
  • LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 10,890 Superuser
    edited October 2019
    Hmmm. Try this version of MyDrive Conect
    http://sa.services.tomtom.com/static/sa/versions/InstallMyDriveConnect_downgrade.exe

or is the connetion between the device and MyDrive Connect fine?
    I have removed MyDrive Connect using Revo Uninstaller and installed the one from above. I then looked at the updates, connected my satnav and tried to install one of the two. It has been hanging on less than a minute since.
  • LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 10,890 Superuser
    Have you inserted a Memory card in your Satnav @Morgana?
    Hi

Yes I have a memory card in the satnav but it doesn't seem to be saving anything to it. The device is at 1529 MB free and the card is empty
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 4,199 Superuser
    edited October 2019
    Hi @Morgana

Your Start 25 will not load anything on the Extra Memory card until there is not enough available space on the internal memory. If and when you get to a situation whereby a map or amMap update will not fit on the internal memory then it will load the whole map on the extra memory. maps are not saved across the internal and Extra memory.

Doug
    Thanks everyone for all your help, I am going to leave it downloading overnight and see if it moves on from where it is currently hanging...
    Well, it took longer than the Eurovision Song Contest but...

IT IS FINALLY DONE!

Thanks everyone