Please is it possible to block my tomtom device? — TomTom Community

Please is it possible to block my tomtom device?

l_loebsal_loebsa Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
I realised someone managed to get into my car overnight 17/10/2019 and made away with some items including my Tomtom 6200. I am wondering if you could help block it from being registered by whoever is in possession of it. I have already reported to the Police. I have a crime number and I bought it from Curry in London in August 2018. I have prove of purchase of the credit facility I used with Creation.co.uk. Thanks

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,380 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @l_loebsa

Sorry to hear about the stolen device.

Please see the advice provided by @Niall on this topic-

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1020837/stolen-devices-with-sims-what-tomtom-can-and-cant-do

Thanks
    Vikram
  • l_loebsal_loebsa Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Thanks Vikram for replying to my question. I posed the question because of this quoted statement from TT "That means we cannot track a specific user or a specific device. For navigation devices it's possible for our Customer Care department to block your device from being connected to another account, if you can provide a crime reference number and a copy of the police report and proof of payment."

With respect to your reply, I do not have the IMEI but I gave the S/N, which begins with "ZA" to the Police as that was what I registered my device with online. I have managed to locate the original box of the device, and I can see a combination of letters and numbers with the word "SIM" under the S/N. I am calling the Police to update them with this info. However I feel TT should be able to disable the device with the S/N and the the letters and numbers with the word SIM.

Once again, thanks for your response.