Is anyone else consistently guided onto B roads ? — TomTom Community

Is anyone else consistently guided onto B roads ?

silvergbsilvergb Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited October 7 in Map quality
Is anyone else consistantly guided onto B roads irrespective of the route. Yesterday travelling from Narbeth in West Wales to Newport Gwent I was able to enjoy 22 miles of little more than farm tracks ,some with grass growing in the middle. Only after turning the crap machine off was I able to eventually find the correct route, the A40 and M4 , not, you would agree small roads. Just a thought but has anyone ever managed to return their pile of poo and got their hard-earned back?

Comments

• RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 337 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Which route preferences are you using?
    Avoid Tol roads can be a reason.
    Winding Routes wel send you to B roads. (Many drivers use this option on there motorcycles)
    Adventures routes will also send you to the B roads (this is improved Winding Routes)

Extreme traffic jams and fastest route will find the faster alternatives. This can also be B roads
  • BrianEBrianE Posts: 506 [Exalted Navigator]
    silvergb wrote: »
    Is anyone else consistantly guided onto B roads irrespective of the route. Yesterday travelling from Narbeth in West Wales to Newport Gwent I was able to enjoy 22 miles of little more than farm tracks ,some with grass growing in the middle. Only after turning the crap machine off was I able to eventually find the correct route, the A40 and M4 , not, you would agree small roads. Just a thought but has anyone ever managed to return their pile of poo and got their hard-earned back?

I don't understand your comments. I've yet to come across a B road with grass growing down the middle. Unclassified roads yes, but not B roads. Can you give an example of where such roads are located so that we can take a look on Google street view?
  • rayhopleyrayhopley Posts: 37 [Master Explorer]
    have you got avoid motorways set on the sat nav or is the shortest route selected and not fastest route