TomTom Start 25 No Map And Can't Be Updated — TomTom Community

TomTom Start 25 No Map And Can't Be Updated

I've a TomTom Start 25 which had the full European map and worked fine. 2 days ago I went to update it and was told the latest maps were too large so had to choose a zone instead. Looking at the map icons, the East Europe Zone covered the East Europe and some EU countrys , which is what I need, so I installed it.

I then tried to navigate in the Italy and found that it doesn't actually contain the map!!! I find the SW map has gone so I no longer have map available and everything has disappeared.
On TomTom MyDrive Connect not showing for map update, how to solve this Problem?
SN: BQ

Best Answer

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,790 TomTom Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @koljofanto

Welcome to the community!

Asked the team to make some changes in the backend, just do a soft reset and check for updates in MyDrive Connect.

The fresh map should be offered for download.

Regards
    Vikram

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,790 TomTom Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @koljofanto

Welcome to the community!

Asked the team to make some changes in the backend, just do a soft reset and check for updates in MyDrive Connect.

The fresh map should be offered for download.

Regards
    Vikram

• koljofantokoljofanto Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Problem is solved, map is installed.
    Thanks a lot
  • kyleklemcke2019kyleklemcke2019 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    How do I do a soft reset?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,966 Superuser
    edited October 2019
    Hi @kyleklemcke2019

Turn your unit on and when working Press and hold the ON/OFF button for about 20 seconds plus until you hear the drumroll sound at which point let the button go. If you see a screen with white writing on it you have held the button too long and need to start again. The unit will boot up as a result it can sort out some minor issues as it tidies up the software files.

Doug