Stop a Route Rider 550 — TomTom Community

Stop a Route Rider 550

jredman716jredman716 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
edited October 16 in RIDER
If I choose to go home and i have no way to stop the route. Same if I set a trip and want to stop the route. No menu to do this?

Best Answer

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,207 Superusers
    edited May 14
    Hi
    @jredman716

Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Current Route or Current Track... Clear Route or Clear Track

ATB YFM
  • jredman716jredman716 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Yes, I have read that before. I have no menu that has anything to do with Clear Route. I have tried them all.
  • Veetwin10Veetwin10 Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    New to TT 550 but missing some well used functions on my old Rider 2.
    Reverse route was very useful and also the ability to edit the route via a list of waypoints was good on the rider 2. The 550 can skip waypoints (one at a time) but when you have several waypoints to select it was easy on the Rider 2. now you have to pick a waypoint and select "start from here". I miss the simplicity of editing the way point list.

Please bring the edit list function back for the 550 and other new devices.
  • xwintechxwintech Posts: 78 [Supreme Navigator]
    Hi, jredman716!
    Here are the quick instructions.
    Menu > Current Route/Track > Clear Route/Track
  • arbarb Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    The fact that somebody had to ask this, and I had to google it, and it takes 3 clicks speaks volumes about the UX - as in SUX
  • RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 319 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Or enable the Clear Route button.

Clear Route button: You can add the clear route button to the route bar within the Guidance view. To enable this option, go to Settings> Appearance> Route bar> Show Clear route button.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,207 Superusers
    edited October 16
    Hi
    @arb

+1... Like RoadRider says Turn on the 'Clear Route Button' Option....

ATB YFM
  • soarbcsoarbc Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    No page 73, deletes route completely.

Clearing a MyDrive destination
    1. Make sure you are logged into TomTom MyDrive on your TomTom Rider.
    2. Select Current Route in the Main Menu to open the Current Route Menu.
    3. Select Clear Route to clear the currently planned route.
    Your device returns to the map view. Your route has been cleared from your TomTom Rider and your TomTom account.

Does anyone know the actual method to stop navigation or is there none.
  • RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 319 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Yes, the current route will be cleared. When I stop a route this is exactly wat I want.

You can save the current route with stops in My Routes if you need to reopen it later.

Menu -> Current Route -> Save Route

As far as I know there is no pause route option.

• JoelS.JoelS. Posts: 288 [Exalted Navigator]
    jredman716 wrote: »
    If I choose to go home and i have no way to stop the route. Same if I set a trip and want to stop the route. No menu to do this?

menu, choose the ride home or something like that. it will blow the current set of directions and direct you home,

to clear the current set of directions, in the menu, current route/ current track as mentioned, the order will or could change of the menu, you keep scrolling, in that option, there will be a clear.

not sure in the overview view, clicking the highlighted set of directions, gives a popup, that is where you can change the type, and avoid things, not sure if there is a clear that way, i have never tried.

my wording of set of directions is because i call everything a route, scribbles on a piece of paper, tracks, routes, (never use itn,) i am over getting into pissing matches about it, so i choose set of directions to avoid this.