TomTom Sports watch discontinuing support? — TomTom Community

TomTom Sports watch discontinuing support?

TomTom has withdrawn from South Africa some time ago following exiting the Sport Watch Market. All was working well with app support etc continuing as per this thread:
https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1036041/future-of-spark-and-tomtom-sport

This week however things went a bit south with Discovery, one of the major Medical aid services announcing that TomTom will no longer provide workout information of its members to them from 10 July 2019:

"TOMTOM UPDATE: We are disappointed that TomTom is exiting the wearable device market and that they will no longer offer fitness device support. Unfortunately, because the TomTom data platform has become obsolete, Vitality will no longer be able to receive verified and accurate workout data. The quality of information we track is important to us because our focus is on achieving positive, measurable, changes in people’s health. This unfortunately means we will no longer be able to integrate, log and verify activity recorded on TomTom devices for Vitality points."

Can someone confirm if it is factually correct that the TomTom data platform has become/is becoming obsolete?

Answers

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,325
    Superusers
    There has been no announcement from TomTom that the Sports platform is going away, they have simply ceased all development on it (which happened over 18 months ago). I imagine since the watches themselves are dead products and support is now limited to chat and after hours email that Vitality is looking to secure a more active partner. There is no indication that the TT devices will stop working altogether as of yet.
  • JohnaaJohnaa Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Golf watch is dead and get no reaction to resetting - after charging screen just goes blank - have found no way to make personal contact just going round in circles and moved on to Mydrive which has no interest to me.
  • FerdieFerdie Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Seems the integration no longer works as of September. Does anyone have the same problem?
  • Gensan07Gensan07 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Bought my runner 2 on December of 2016, used it for a year and the strap cracked and haven't used it since and until recently I used it again with a new strap but the watch is no longer holding a charge. I guess I was fooled by this company, there are no retailers here in the Philippines and the nearest is in Singapore. Guess it was the only watch back then with MP3. And now their ceasing their health tracker production. What the f__k is wrong with this entity? I do hope their CEO won't regret his decision, guess it will be downhill for these guys hereon. Garmin on the other hand is visible almost everywhere here in the Philippines, they have physical retail outlets for any after sales services unlike this Company, diminutive as it is, does not even know what the customers need. Without any support their wearable will be useless.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,325
    Superusers
    Gensan07 wrote: »
    Bought my runner 2 on December of 2016, used it for a year and the strap cracked and haven't used it since and until recently I used it again with a new strap but the watch is no longer holding a charge. I guess I was fooled by this company, there are no retailers here in the Philippines and the nearest is in Singapore. Guess it was the only watch back then with MP3. And now their ceasing their health tracker production. What the f__k is wrong with this entity? I do hope their CEO won't regret his decision, guess it will be downhill for these guys hereon. Garmin on the other hand is visible almost everywhere here in the Philippines, they have physical retail outlets for any after sales services unlike this Company, diminutive as it is, does not even know what the customers need. Without any support their wearable will be useless.

TT Sports went out of business and ceased all production and development over 2 years ago for all products. They have no wearables business, it folded up two years ago.