Reinstall the speedcam data. — TomTom Community

Reinstall the speedcam data.

I have a GO 6100 with a few very old fixed speedcam items that do not exist anymore. I check with an other TomTom. (Bridge at Nijmegen speed 90 k/mh) How do I get rid of those items? I could not find the answer in the normal support and there seems no working phonenumber of the support department anymore.
Best Regards,
Eddy

Comments

• LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,439 Superuser
    Hi @Sargon

For your GO6100 you regularly update the file "Speed ​​Cameras" with the software MyDrive Connect? Your device has lifetime subscription for that.

Maybe reload the file for the relevant country, Netherlands.

Connect your TomTom device to MyDrive Connect and login with your TomTom account email+password.
    In the "My Content" tab, go down in the window to "My Speed ​​Cameras".
    - If you click on the "Uninstall" button you delete the "Speed ​​Cameras" for all countries.
    - If you click on the picture and not the button, a submenu appears.
    In the list choose the country Netherlands then the button "uninstall".
    - Return to the same place "My Content" tab/"My Speed ​​Cameras"/the sub menu/Netherlands. You will have the 'Install' button for a fresh version of the file.

Otherwise contact customer support directly on Monday:
    Nederland
    020 850 1022
    Maandag t / m vrijdag: 09:00 tot 17:30

Regards.
  • DaveLBDaveLB Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I have recently bought Speed Camera maps for my GO5000 Tom Tom. The version I had was OK on Wednesday but the new download does show any cameras?
  • SargonSargon Posts: 9 [Master Explorer]
    I did everything until In the "My Content" tab, go down in the window to "My Speed ​​Cameras". Because there is no 'My Content" tab. It states that I have a system with builtin WiFi. And that's correct! So my question still stands to be answered.
    Hi @Sargon

My answer was adapted for the GO6100 mentioned in your first message.
    For a Wifi device, MyDrive Connect only allows an internet connection to replace the direct Wifi without a PC, but the all management is always done in the menu of the TomTom device.

To my knowledge for Wifi devices there is no function to erase Speed ​​Cameras files. The update delete and replace the previous one.
    Some have a Lifetime subscription but others like the VIA53, GO Basic or GO Essential have only a limited test period between 3 and 6 months, the subscription must be buy every year.

You have a Wifi device ... but which one?
    And did you do all your updates for your device?

See this topic:
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1630687/#Comment_1630687

For more help contact customer support.

Regards.
    Sorry, I have a GO 6200. I did not see a forum header with 6200, so I thought I had a 6100. I did all updates. I even did a system reset, and installed the system fresh again.
    But the old speedcams remain present in my system.
    Hi @Sargon

No worries 🙂, the Wifi category is here:

For your trouble, have you tried a Soft Reset? This forces your device to fully reload all of its files. It's like a "Restart" with a PC, ofen it solves small problems and you will not lose anything. I do it after each update.
    ==> Soft Reset: Device switch on, press and hold the On/Off button until you hear the drum sounds. This can take 30 seconds or more. The device restarts. If you see a black screen with white text, hold down the button until you hear the drum sounds.

If there is no improvement, sorry, but only customer service can do something in the background on your device.

Regards.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,344 TomTom Moderator
    edited October 14
    @Sargon

Hi Eddy

The logs show the package for speed cameras got installed correctly last week on Thursday.

I have asked the team to run a script to repair the package. Just connect the device to a WiFi internet connection and let the device run the repair.( the device may reboot)

Once done just do a soft reset and check for updates.. Try planning a route and test the device.

@DaveLB

Your GO 5000 works with MyDrive Connect, could you please try out the steps suggest by Laure above?

Regards,
    Vikram

I did all that, including a reset in the device settings page.
    I am not quite sure if that repair script took place.
    I did a last update. The 90 km/h warning is still present on the A50 at the bridge over the river Waal.
    I will update tomorrow again. B.t.w. how long does it take to set the repair script ready?

Best Regards,
    Eddy.
    Checked updates. 1 from mapshare, but nothing else.
    The speedcams are still there.
    I did also a complete recovery (wait until to white text and press 3 times the button).
    After the reinstall of the system I got an update of the speedcams.
    After the system was completely up after the installs I checked the speedcams.
    They are still there. Speedcam warnings for 90 km/h which were present 2 years ago.
    For almost 2 years now the max. speed is 120 km/h on the A50 bridge over the Waal river. In total 4 warnings 2 from each side.
    So how do I get rid of these and properly others. This way you cannot trust the speedcam data that is in the TomTom device.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,344 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @Sargon

Btw there is a new update due(speed cameras) which should get rolled out today.

If it's just a few locations that you are referring to then you can report these using the MapShare website

Regards
    Vikram :)
    I did report those 4 speedcams to MapShare.
    I checked for update, but no more updates. I suppose that update earlier today was that speedcam update.
    Those 4 speedcam are still present in my TomTom.
    It's not about those 4 cams! If those 4 cams are not right, what else might be wrong?
    These 4 are annoying, but there might be some missing. And that might come with a ticket. I should be able to trust the speedcam database.

Best Regards,
    Eddy
    This afternoon I got an update of the speedcams and guess what!
    Those 4 cams are gone after 2 years of absence on the bridge it self.
    So the only questions remains how trustworthy are the speedcams in TomTom.
    I suppose that 'Flitsmeister' is more accurate, because they removed those speedcams already some weeks after they were no longer present.