How to search My Places? — TomTom Community

How to search My Places?

marwalkmarwalk Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
When I do a places search (including with MyDrive), the results seem to bury what I have in My Places deep among all the other results that I'm not interested in. Is there a way to search only in My Places on a GO Comfort? I've even tried putting non-alpha numeric characters at the beginning of My Places items, but the Search function just ignores those.

Answers

• marwalkmarwalk Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks, Doug. This makes sense. Is it possible to do this with the MyDrive app also?
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,248 Superusers
    Hi
    @marwalk

On the later/latest NAV4 and NAV5 (Wi-Fi) devices....

When using 'MyPlaces' menu you don't have to search down the long list of MyPlaces

Searching MyPlaces....

The MyPlaces appear on the right-hand side of the Search screen

Say in MyPlaces you have...
    Costa Worcester
    Costa Bromsgrove
    Costa Droitwitch
    Costa Bridgnorth

Tap 4Dot (.... menu) Icon --> Tap Search
    If you Type say 'C' a list of MyPlaces starting with the letter 'C' will appear on the right-hand side of the Search screen
    Either continue to type 'Costa b' and the Costa Bromsgrove and Costa Bridgnorth outlets will display at the top of the list
    Tap the blue keyboard Icon screen bottom right to clear the keyboard and display the list
    Or
    Tap 4Dot (.... menu) Icon --> Tap Search
    Then type say 'C' and a list of MyPlaces starting with the letter 'C' will appear on the right-hand side of the Search screen continue to type 'Costa
    Tap the blue keyboard Icon screen bottom right to clear the keyboard and a full list of costa outlets will display
    After completing your search, to navigate to a 'MyPlace'... Tap the required MyPlace --> Tap the 'Drive' Icon or Tap on the 3Dot Icon, a quick menu will open with more options

PS... Tap 4Dot (.... menu) Icon --> Tap Search type say 'T' on the right-hand side of the Search screen will be all of your MyPlaces beginning with 'T'
    But on the left-hand side of the Search screen will be a list of your recent destinations beginning with 'T'
    Don't forget to Tap the blue keyboard Icon screen bottom right to clear the keyboard and display the list
    PPS... There is also a dual Icon with 3 Lines & 2 Circles...

bf5c60ee-cdb2-4ca7-bcae-a1f0f9623372.jpg
    Tap the the 3 Lines or 2 Circles to toggle between List & Map view
    Tap the Keyboard Icon to return to the Keyboard & Search menu

ATB YFM