Download your MyDrive data doesn't work — TomTom Community

Download your MyDrive data doesn't work

tevgegtevgeg Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hello,
i have an issue, when I click on "Download your MyDrive data" in the Settings of MyDrive, it simply doesnt work.
I checked on Chrome and IE latest versions. Could someone clarify/confirm it's working? I'd like to download favorites.

Additional question: is there any easy way to export favorites from TOMTOM/Mydrive to Sygic ? give me some tips please where to look for.

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,414 Superusers
    Hi
    Many users have asked for the facility to backup their MyPlaces in the MyDrive Web (v2) Route planner to a PC
    I've posted this How to guide using the method developed by User GEB
    Link to Post.....
    https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/mydrive-connect-apps-474/faq-what-mydrive-and-what-can-i-do-with-it-990620?postid=1159989

ATB YFM
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi tevgeg,

Welcome to the Community!

We had an issue with this earlier and some customers were unable to download the data using IE or Firefox. That issue has, however, since been resolved.

Could you elaborate on your issue a bit more so that we can better help you, please? What happens when you try to download the data? A screenshot would be helpful as well.

As MyDrive works in a browser, most issue, especially having to do with user data, can be solved by clearing the browser cookies and cache.

Cheers, Mikko
  • user12345user12345 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi MikkoK,

I am also trying to download my TomTom data but it doesn't work. After I clicked the "Download your MyDrive data" link in the "Settings", the browser showed briefly "Waiting for mydrive.tomtom.com..." in the status bar and then nothing happened. I have tried this with a few different browsers (Chrome, IE, Firefox and Opera) and on different computers. As I remember I used this feature quite a while ago and it was working back then.

Can you let me know if this feature is still functional?

Thanks.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,414 Superusers
    Hi
    @user12345

Unfortunately MikkoK has left Tomtom

Downloading your MyDrive data is working here....
    IE11... OK (But very slow Map re-draw)
    MS Edge... OK
    Chrome... Is opening the file in Notepad ???
    Firefox... NO

The file type has now changed from a .txt file to a zipped .gz file type

ATB YFM
  • bigbig Posts: 1,574 Superuser
    Could it be it really is downloading but doesn't give any notification that it's done so? Can you check your download location?
  • gildersleevegildersleeve Posts: 8 [Apprentice Seeker]
    this bug seems to be back, i am unable to download data not sure if related but problem started around time critical wifi update was released 19th sep ...!
  • Lost_SoulLost_Soul Posts: 174 [Exalted Navigator]
    I have been trying for the last day or so to download MyDrive data; I usually do this in the first week of each month as part of my process of syncing favourites with my other PND's, but was distracted by events in September, so cannot comment when this issue arose.

I use Google Chrome as my usual browser but also tried other browsers without success, after rebooting my PC, downloading a clean copy of MyDrive and clearing cookies / caches but all this made no difference.

I have recently added quite a few more places on my devices and this is the only way that I can backup that information as there is no way to interrogate our devices by connecting them to a PC for example.

I therefore regard this as an important process to maintain the data integrity of our devices.

@lampard @VikramK Can you bring this the attention of the relevant personnel soonest please
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,397 TomTom Moderator
    edited October 11
    Hi @Lost_Soul

We are looking into this now..

Sorry about the goof-up...

I will post back..

Regards
    Vikram
    Hi @VikramK

Thank you. :)
    Hi @VikramK

The download MyDrive data has started working again =)

Thanks
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,397 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @Lost_Soul

The team implemented some fixes in all environments. Some more bug fixes and improvements are planned.

Thanks for confirming..

Regards
    Vikram :)
  • gildersleevegildersleeve Posts: 8 [Apprentice Seeker]
    now able to download using internet explorer but still not working im firefox browser
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hi @Lost_Soul

The team implemented some fixes in all environments. Some more bug fixes and improvements are planned.

Thanks for confirming..

Regards
    Vikram :)

Hi @VikramK

Good to hear that improvements to MyDrive are planned.................. =)

There is one "bug" that has been outstanding since July 2017 :'(

We used to be able to use Mapcodes on MyDrive (web) but after an update back in July 2017 for search improvements ;) this facility was no longer available which is a pity as it was a facility I used as we often drive to rural destinations at night where it can become an issue to locate our final destination based on post codes which may take you up to 1/2 mile away................. :/

I know we can still input map codes on the PND itself, however being a bit lazy (and easier to use a PC keyboard too) I prefer to use MyDrive first and then send the location to the device, so that when we get into the car we are then ready to go........... =)

A TT moderator (now retired @MikkkoK) said back in July 2017:

"I got a confirmation that this indeed has to do with the recent release. The team is aware of this and will address the matter in a later release. Unfortunately, I don't know the exact release date.

Cheers, Mikko"

Still waiting 2 + years later !!! :persevere:

It would be good to know this is still on the cards for inclusion in a later release; especially as Mapcodes were invented by then TomTom's Pieter Geelen and Harold Goddijn - CEO ;)