Go 6250 professional — TomTom Community

Go 6250 professional

Hello everyone,

I bought an TomTom 6250 for truck few months ago, at the beginning was running quite good after I have started to do some updates is responding very slow. I understand that if is running on lower memory that is the main reason why is so slow, my question is, what type of memory card should I go with? , meaning a compatible one, any ideas?
What is the processes? How to move everything from intern memory to sd card?
Is there any chance I can download only one country map instead of whole Europe?
That very much for your big help
Another TomTom user

Best Answer

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,353 Superusers
    edited October 14
    Hi
    @TomTom6250

The GO 6250 Has 16GB of on-board memory the Full Europe Map will fall way short of that, so you should have plenty of free working space....

Have you tried a Soft/Drum roll restart on the device ??? This restarts the devices Operating System afresh

RESETTING YOUR NAVIGATION DEVICE
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6965//session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDI2NjM0NDUyL3NpZC9EQTdTVHpobQ

Charge the device for at least 2Hrs "OR" have the device plugged into a power supply
    Press and hold the on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound then release the on/off button.
    You won’t lose anything; it’s just like rebooting your PC
    I use a Soft/drum-roll start after any upgrade large or small.
    It’s also useful to keep in mind for sorting out most minor niggles......

ATB YFM

• TomTom6250TomTom6250 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited October 14
    Hello YamFazMan,

Thank you for your reply.
    I only have 4 GB memory left, I have done soft and hard reset, still moving slow... For the first month was moving very fast, now he has times when I wish I could trow to the bin, is frustrating
    Regards
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,353 Superusers
    edited October 14
    Hi
    @TomTom6250

On my NAV5 (Wi-Fi) devices, I always turnoff the Wi-Fi for general use, and only log back into the Wi-Fi for updating the device....

Forget the Wi-fi on the device....
    You can't actually turnoff the Wi-Fi but you can forget it, the device will still be monitoring for a Wi-Fi service but not Connecting & Syncing....
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Wi-Fi... Tap on your Wi-Fi's Name (Screen top left)
    Tap Modify --> Forget
    Follow on-screen instructions to finish

If you want to update your device log back into the Wi-Fi....

ATB YFM
  • TomTom6250TomTom6250 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hello all,

Thank you both for the answers
    So then I will wait to see what can we do to get a smaller map, only UK will be just fine. Something happened why at the beginning was running smooth and now is very slow, if it were an older model I will have understood but is kinda new...
    I will buy an sd card try to move the map on It and see the results
    I will comeback here for the updates
    Thank you again for the help
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,344 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @TomTom6250

I have activated a smaller map for your device- UK and ROI. When connected to a WiFi internet connection the map will be offered for download on your GO.

The map size should not have an effect on the performance of the device. Although you can try to test it after installing the smaller map.

I would go with YamFamMan to start with a soft reset and if that does not make much difference then a Factory reset-

Menu-Settings-System-Reset device

Regards
    Vikram