the update for GPS, navigation is not going into my satvav, — TomTom Community

the update for GPS, navigation is not going into my satvav,

I have been doing this now for over the hour ! here in the uk ! as Thursday I found out that you lot have lost the lease, ! and now we must down load and update our unts ! well WHY WAS THERE NO EMAIL SENT AS YOU HAVE EVERY ONES EMAIL !now i have 4 updates, but none are going in ! onscreen it is saying connected, but no red hand is showing on my satnav ! I have a via 135,, and it wasn,t until Thursday last week when I had time to go on the internet I saw your lease run out 9th April ! This all a bit of time wasting on my part, as I am sat here trying to upday for tomorrow, Monday ! 6th may, 2019, and all the app on Tomtom connect is saying we can not connect try again ! or we are very busy ! Have you turn the APP SERVICE OFF, AS THIS IS 2019, rOBOTS DO THE WORK, THEY DON,T KNOW IT IS A WEEKEND, AFTER ALL THE BOTS, ARE TURN OFF AS i ASK ONE. IN bOT LANGUAGE ! yes you need to be smart now days ! so, will I get to update ! I have down loaded, but the ticks remain grey !

Comments

• qirky cazqirky caz Posts: 33 [Master Explorer]
    Ok, GOOD news ! my commits worked ! I have connected to the Tomtom connect this morning and it has updated my satnav ! little things do help, ! but still mad you took my map of USA. as I brought that fair and square. you offered, I accepted. here in uk.
    :s
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,455 Superuser
    HI @qirky caz

If you have purchased the USA map for the TT unit it should be available to reload as it is tied to the serial number of the TT unit.

Doug
    edited May 6
    Hi, I brought it in 2017, understanding it was mine, as i had to down load to my sd card, which is modified by Tomtom as you down load it v! but after the year they wipe it from my Tomtom, I am so mad.As I want to use it again this year, but my son has his sat nav with FREE DOWN LOADS MAPS OF THE WORLD ! AND THAT IS TOMTOM.??? BITTING THEM SELVES IN THE ?

This is what Tomtom said.
    justmebrowsing
    [Supreme Pioneer]
    July 2018
    You bought the licence to use the map on a particular device. Just imagine if this was continually transferable then someone would only ever buy one map & just keep swapping it over to other devices (family members or sold-on on ebay etc); then poor old TT would make no profit!

Example 1, Eddy Stobart buys one truck map & instals it in 500 trucks?
    Example 2, Uber buy one map & allow all Uber drivers to copy this single map?
    Commercial sense, 'course not.

PS when you bought the map you'd have been given the choice of a single release, "latest plus 4 releases" or even "latest plus 6 releases", see https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/sat-nav/maps-services/shop/trav
    edited May 6
    I still have the receipt and number, it was for my device. and on my account it has been wiped to , deleted.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,455 Superuser
    edited May 6
    HI @qirky caz

Keep an eye here.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,369 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @qirky caz

The USA map is linked to your device but was not active since it was a purchased back in 2017.

It has been reactivated on your account and will be offered for download in MyDrive Connect.

Regards
    Vikram
    edited May 8
    hi, vikram ! it was purchased, as we went to usa, ! and used Tomtom in the car, so perhaps recheck ! Datona, Florida, Jfk,, Thank you for returning it.But as we are in uk, it will get used again when we go again soon, thank you.
    Hi, I have tried to open my purchase of the usa map as using it again next year 2020 ! and it said expired ? so can you resent the content please.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,369 TomTom Moderator
    Hi "qirky caz"

The map is still active on your account. So unless its already installed on the device it should get offered for download in MyDrive Connect.

Regards
    Vikram