New software version v19.20 available for download - Page 2 — TomTom Community

New software version v19.20 available for download

2»

Comments

• Nigel ANigel A Posts: 78 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Well I did have traffic on phone hot spot, Now it shows that I have wifi hot spot and bluetooth !!..... unfortunately I have no phone calls or messages, and have now lost the wifi traffic that I had. What a piece of **** No wonder they closed the thread about loss of Bluetooth. Might try a full factory reset (Yet again) really pissed off with Tomtom
    Well I did have traffic on phone hot spot, Now it shows that I have wifi hot spot and bluetooth !!..... unfortunately I have no phone calls or messages, and have now lost the wifi traffic that I had. What a piece of **** No wonder they closed the thread about loss of Bluetooth. Might try a full factory reset (Yet again) really pissed off with Tomtom
  • LepreLepre Posts: 35 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    GO 5200
  • Lemmings72Lemmings72 Posts: 11 [Legendary Explorer]
    I have just upgraded to 19.201.0010.411 and I still cannot connect my iPhone X with iOS 13.1.2 to the phone via bluetooth and Wi-Fi in a stable manner. The MyDrive app is not connecting either and the Rider 550 shows the Wi-Fi out of range when the devices are within a metre of each other.
    Did try to add to my previous post re 19.201.0010..... but got blocked ! no it didn't work !
    Tried again with the previous advice ie. Factory reset, delete Bluetooth connections etc. after an hour or so _ IT WORKED !!! I had Bluetooth, wifi hot spot, and traffic !!! For all of 30 seconds......... Bluetooth tghen dropped out wifi lost traffic, and was back to where I started. Having spent most of the afternoon I now have Traffic back on wifi hot spot, no Bluetooth or phone whatsoever. I guess that's it, Bluetooth is apparently no longer supported on my rider 550 (and other Tomtoms by the look of it) Not a happy bunny.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,369 TomTom Moderator
    edited October 15
    Lemmings72 wrote: »
    I have just upgraded to 19.201.0010.411 and I still cannot connect my iPhone X with iOS 13.1.2 to the phone via bluetooth and Wi-Fi in a stable manner. The MyDrive app is not connecting either and the Rider 550 shows the Wi-Fi out of range when the devices are within a metre of each other.

Could you try the troubleshooting advise provided by @dmulv here

Nigel A wrote: »
    My 520 has just offered me 19.201.0010.411. and the thread about Bluetooth failure after the previous update has been closed ! So here goes..... fingers crossed !

That topic was closed wrongly when our developers were working on some coding scripts. It has been re-opened.
    edited October 17
    Thanks Vikramk for your information, is is actually appreciated ! (still no Bluetooth though !)
  • LepreLepre Posts: 35 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Hello to all
    I believe that with the new software the problem of the paths has not been solved! On my GO 5200 it makes me do crazy routes (roads in the middle of the fields, hill roads where it is hard to pass a car), traffic on the alternative routes absent. Please report to those responsible.
    Thanks
  • D-StreamD-Stream Posts: 140 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Ive given up following my sat nav to my work place and ignore it on country lanes.

@Lepre its not a high enough priority apparently. Routes down impassable lanes that you cannot get a push bike down.

Turn left hang on its a field. Or the other day through a damn farm!!! because it showed a track through.

facepalm.
  • D-StreamD-Stream Posts: 140 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    @VikramK

you may notice i sent pictures in when it was suggesting savings but no green line to follow. Has it been addressed?

D-Stream wrote: »
    Announcing route savings with no green line for instance?
  • bielle64bielle64 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Why no 64 bit app????? I dug out my old laptop and updated using the 32 bit app
  • juresjures Posts: 24 [Outstanding Explorer]
    edited November 11
    Still no solution for Ios 13! No connectivity for bluetooth, and we are without mydrive and traffic info on the road! Ios is already at 13.2.2!!!!!
    TomTom what is going on?
  • TWaLLTWaLL Posts: 8 [Apprentice Seeker]
    For me, points of interest and gas stations are very important. The competitors for much MUCH less money have it all. I am very offended to see this from you Tomt!
  • Greg350zGreg350z Posts: 8 [New Seeker]
    Update to Rider 550 - now has many new issues and makes device unusable as intended when planning trips with ROUTE planning as per manual using My Drive Route planner and then syncing to device does not work as it did prior to update

Using PC Route Planner and then sync ROUTE to device:
    1. Planned ROUTE now goes to device as a TRACK. This means that when navigating from device, and missing a turn as example, the route is not recalculated to get you back on ROUTE (because its a TRACK) and you are left to figure it out yourself.

2. Planned ROUTE now on device as a TRACK does not show/have the planned STOPS that was included when planning the trip/route on the PC

3. Using the Send STOPS from PC when planning the ROUTE does send the STOPS to the DEVICE and the trip is sent as a ROUTE however the ROUTE in My Routes on the device when called up does show the STOPS but not the ROUTE that you planned from the PC (recalculates and creates a new route between the STOPS) and starts from the DEVICE location and not from the planned route starting point that was used for the PC Route planner

Hope this makes sense.

In summary, when planning a ride (a ROUTE) using the PC Route Planner and you sync/send to device:

You get a TRACK and not a ROUTE but is the actual trip you want
    You dont get the planned STOPS on the trip you want
    When you use the SEND STOPS, you get the STOPS (and a saved ROUTE in My Routes on the device) but its not the planned trip you had and is recalculated between the STOPS. It is also from device location and not the Starting point used for planning on the ROUTE planner.

This used to work correctly prior to the update................ so please fix !!

This is also identified and also explained by
    @BrianWatts Route becomes a track

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1680298#Comment_1680298

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,398 Superusers
    edited November 24
    Hi Greg350z
    Greg350z wrote: »
    This is also identified and also explained by
    BrianWatts Route becomes a track
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1680298#Comment_1680298
    If you are talking about the existing posts in this thread by BrianWatts
    Here...https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1680298#Comment_1680298
    Then the problem/bug is about Intercontinental route planning
    When planning a route on another Continent (Say Australia) separated by the sea from your home Continent or Island (Say UK)... The device now tries to plan a route from the UK to Australia and gives a 'No Route Possible' error Instead of planning the route as it used to in my example 'Ayers Rock to Philip Island MotoGP Race Circuit..This Bug is because of the sea...
    This Bug is still active and unresolved....

The other subject in the above post... There was a problem If Wi-Fi was enabled the 'Send Destination' or 'Send Stops' to sync a .ITN route
    In the syncing process it converts the .ITN Route to a .GPX Track
    According to Tomtom the reason for this is, the High Speed of the sync over Wi-Fi ???

That bug was resolved with a change to the MyDrive Web Route planner....

ATB YFM